Old 09-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #841
lestrella
Turning the Heel

Where is everybody? What have you guys been up to?

Well, I've been been doing a lot of Zumba this week. The Zumbathon is tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I'm beat so I don't know if I'll have the energy tomorrow to do it.

I've been knitting little things here and there. I'll post pictures once I get my camera back. My husband took it to Italy this week.

I'm really excited because my son is knitting now . On labor day I taught him the knit stitch and he did a bit chunk of garter stitch. Today, he learned to purl all by himself and he is doing the stockinette stitch. It's so cute to see him doing it because he sings while he knits. Or, when he's in the bathroom he makes up songs about knitting. Isn't that cool?

Yesterday I went to the Michaels on Pineville and told them about my knitting club and ask them if they would consider giving us a discount since we have to buy supplies for 20 kids. They say that they don't give discounts. That's consider charity donations and it has to come straight from corporate. I was so disappointed! Oh well, I just hope that we get some donations thru the parents at school.

Check my flickr photos!
lestrella is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 PM   #842
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Originally Posted by lestrella View Post
I'm really excited because my son is knitting now . On labor day I taught him the knit stitch and he did a bit chunk of garter stitch. Today, he learned to purl all by himself and he is doing the stockinette stitch. It's so cute to see him doing it because he sings while he knits. Or, when he's in the bathroom he makes up songs about knitting. Isn't that cool?
That's WONDERFUL!

Originally Posted by lestrella View Post
Yesterday I went to the Michaels on Pineville and told them about my knitting club and ask them if they would consider giving us a discount since we have to buy supplies for 20 kids. They say that they don't give discounts. That's consider charity donations and it has to come straight from corporate. I was so disappointed! Oh well, I just hope that we get some donations thru the parents at school.
Lestrella, I think you should check with the school about how they handle supplies for other clubs and groups in the school. I would expect that parents pay a fee for supplies for activities like that. You could have them pay enough to cover a set of needles and yarn, or you could give them a list of supplies they need to purchase for their child to participate.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #843
wewantmore
Knitting the Flap

What kind of supplies do you need? I have 3 sets of size 7 or 8 plastic needles. I was going to send them to someone but she didn't need them. You are more then welcome to them.

What kind of yarn are you using?

In personal news. Kayla fractured her finger SWIMMING. Don't ask, we don't know. Crazy kid would only hurt herself doing a 'sport' I always felt was injury free. Silly me.

Anyway. Joseph is now potty trained. He decided last week that he was too big for diapers. So we are now all un'erwears (his word) Even at night.

Samantha is well a 7 week old baby. She gets gassy at night and from about 4pm til 10 is on and off crying/sleeping. It sucks, but this too shall pass. Right?

I haven't gotten much knitting done. I did finish a steering wheel cover for my Mom. (Thanks Sandy for the 'pattern') I'll mail it out to her when I finish one for my Aunt and Gma.

I borrowed a book about knitting socks from the library. I think it's a brand new book and I am the first to borrow it. Now just to find time to read and knit. I also have 2 other 'self help' books I'm 'reading'. Ceaser Millan's Dog Whisperer and You on a Diet by Dr. Oz from Oprah.

I need something to FREEZE time so I can get some ME time.

Did anyone get that rain last night. Man I woke up and was like "what is that noise?" then realized it was rain and did a little happy dance in bed.

Michelle

wewantmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #844
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Originally Posted by wewantmore View Post
In personal news. Kayla fractured her finger SWIMMING.
Poor Kayla!

Anyway. Joseph is now potty trained.
Congratulations, Joseph!

Samantha is well a 7 week old baby.
What a sweetie!

I did finish a steering wheel cover for my Mom. (Thanks Sandy for the 'pattern')
You're welcome!

It's nice to see you "talking" in here again. It means you're finally getting some sleep, in the midst of taking care of all your children!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #845
Doodknitwit
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by gollygeeitsamy View Post
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself! I am a newbie knitter. I'm from a little town just north of Greensboro and at the moment I'm a student at Appalachian State in Boone! I've just been knitting for about 1 1/2 years and I haven't ventured out from scarves, hats and headbands. Hopefully I can find enough time to make a sweater, thats my goal for 2007!
Guess you know about Bluerdige Needle Arts that is now in Foscoe??
Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #846
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

i have a question about license plates and since there are so many KHers in NC, i thought i would ask it here. why are new plates now coming with red numbers and letters instead of blue? did they run out of blue ink? i figure at least one of you has to know someone who works for the DMV.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #847
lestrella
Turning the Heel

Wewantmore, I'm sorry about Kayla's finger. Is she doing better now? for potty training. It took me forever to potty train my son. He was doing great at home but the daycare didn't help much. One time he had an accident in his class and I'm sure one of the teachers made a comment to him about not being a big boy because that day he came home crying saying that he wasn't a big boy and I had to send him back in pullups. I think he was traumatized after that because he still doesn't like to use the restroom at school.

Thanks for the offer on the needles. But are you sure you won't need them. Maybe Kayla would like to learn how to knit.

shandeh, I hope you are feeling better.

It seems that I will have about 20 students on my knitting club and there will be about 15 more on a waiting list. i was supposed to start with 10 only, but there's been a lot of emotional problems because the kids ( or should I say the parents?) want to get in so bad. I mean, it's wonderful to see all that enthusiasm but, at the same time, I can't take them all at once. I don't want them to be frustrated. I want to be able to dedicate some time to each of them individually.

Ok, I'm really hungry now and I can't think anymore so I'll check on you all later.

Check my flickr photos!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #848
lestrella
Turning the Heel

Lady violet,
I have not idea, but thanks for reminding me that I need to renew mine next month.

Check my flickr photos!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:05 PM   #849
misha rf

The DOT didn't really say why they chose to change the color:

http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/hot_topics/PlateRecall.html

(there's a link in there to a PDF file about the recall that gives a little more info, but the only thing about the color is that they're changing it.)
Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #850
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

wow. i didn't realize they're replacing the old ones, too. that seems kind of, well, superfluous.

"Removing old plates from our roads will increase the safety and security of our drivers and provide law enforcement agencies with an updated identification tool."

how exactly? as far as i can tell, all they've done is change the color. wouldn't improved road conditions increase the safetly and security of NC drivers even more? just my two cents.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote