Old 10-31-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
zulupetalz
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to zulupetalz
Working Short rows in the round vs. on straight needles
I am currently knitting this pattern - http://www.littlebellesoakers.com/do...tspattern.html
and having difficulty making my short row wraps invisible when working on round needles. I can work short rows on straight needles without a problem, but the wrapped purl stitch doesn't blend in on round ones because I am knitting (instead of purling) when I come to it. I have tried wrapping the stitch the opposite way, but it hasn't solved the problem and I end up with a hole. Does anyone know how to fix this?
zulupetalz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Someone asked about this in general knitting, but I'll answer your question again here in case you don't see it there. I fiddled around a bit and came up with this solution:
  • Do the wrap as you normally would.
    Continue working in the round until you get to the wrapped stitch.
    Slip that stitch knit-wise then put it back on the left needle.
    Lift the wrap and place it onto the left needle.*
    Knit these 2 stitches together through the back loop.

*For the neatest result, switch the order of the stitch and the wrap so the wrap is on the left. You can do this by pulling the slipped stitch out from under the wrap and then placing it back on the needle.

Let me know how it works out for you. Thanks.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote