Old 11-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Jillie
Ribbing the Cuff

Bunny Blanket Buddy head question
Hi everybody! I haven't posted in a long time... I've been a frequent lurker though, and enjoy all the information, FO's, and positive encouragement shared here. What a terrific group you all are! I have a question re: the Lion Brand Bunny Blanket Buddy pattern. I've checked out the old posted that I could find on KH and I'm still confused. I've finished shaping the head, which is a rather square portion of flat work, and am now ready to shape the ears. Reading ahead in the pattern for the finishing, I am having trouble visualizing how this head is going to come together for stuffing. I'm wondering if perhaps I worked the p1 sl1 pattern for the head incorrectly?? Should it be forming more of a tube? I have been using 2 straight needles, purling 1 and the just slipping the next stitch (and each alternating stitch) purlwise onto the right needle, and then purling again. Is there something I'm missing here? Sorry, this is so long... I hope you understand the ??s. Thanks in advance :D
Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
knitaddict
Turning the Heel

When you do the p1, s1 it creates a tube. Go ahead & slip a few alternating sts onto a holder & you'll see that it's got a space in between the two sides.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
Jillie
Ribbing the Cuff

Hey Jennifer, Thanks for the quick response. I'm still a little confused... I tryed what you suggested and I do see the two sides. Should I be putting all the s1 stitches on a stitch holder while working the head portion? If so how do they get worked? It doesn't seem as though there is an opening or layers in the section I completed. I'm wondering if I should try to work the ears and then maybe I'll understand it better...
Old 11-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
Eloewien
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Eloewien
As you knit the p1, sl1, the purl stitches are one side of the tube and the slipped stitches are the other side. When you flip it over, you're slipping the stitches you just purled and purling the stitches you slipped. So you're only actually using every other stitch on each row.

Laura
For mom: Celtic Knotwork sweater
For me: Rogue, shawl of my own design
For friends: Foliage hat, dragonscale wristwarmers
Eloewien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
knitaddict
Turning the Heel

Don't put them on a stitch holder to work them. I just suggested that so you could see the pocket.

When you're all done with the head & ears, you'll run a thread through every other stitch (all the purls) and then repeat through the others. kwim? That'll leave you a little hole to stuff it through & then you pull the yarn tight to close it off.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
Jillie
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks Jennifer and Laura for your help. I've been knitting for a little over a year now and have a few projects that have made it off the needles. Many more still hangin' on. I'm really enjoying this newest obsession. There's so much to learn in the knitting universe. KH is a great little corner of it!
Laura, I checked your site and saw your bbbuddies. They are so cute! Mine is pale yellow Velvetspun. I hope it turns out as well as yours.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
Jillie
Ribbing the Cuff

Oh, and I meant to say "I finally get it!" Thankx