Old 11-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
luv2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Help with a sweater instructions
Hi

I am knitting this Country Jacket Sweater and want to make sure I understand a couple of early instruction. (size m)

Work in Twisted Garter St for 6 Rows, change to St st, Work until piece mearsures 17 inches from beg, ending with a WS row." Does this mean I measure from the very bottom edge where I started with the Garter Stitch or from the beginning of the St St?

The Second question is in the same part when I get to the shape armholes... it reads "bind off 2 sts at beg of next 2 rows." Dec 1 st each end of next row 0 at each end of next row---47 sts. Work until armholes measure 10 inches."

Soo, I would bind off 2, knit to end, turn, bind off two, is that considered 2 row? Then I am completely confused what the dec 1 for 0 means with 47sts?

And the next part of shaping the shoulders, "Bind off 7 st at beg of next 2 rows, 8 sts at beg of next to rows, then bind off rem 15. This means to bind off 7, knit, turn, bind off 7 knit, bind off 8, knit, turn, bind off 8 more, knit, turn I should have 17 st remaining that I bind off?

Perhaps this will help me with more of that pattern - but I am pretty sure I will have more questions when I get to the front, the buttons, the sleeves, etc!

Thanks, any help will be appreciated!

luv2knit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-03-2006, 12:23 AM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Re: Help with a sweater instructions
Originally Posted by luv2knit
Work in Twisted Garter St for 6 Rows, change to St st, Work until piece mearsures 17 inches from beg, ending with a WS row." Does this mean I measure from the very bottom edge where I started with the Garter Stitch or from the beginning of the St St?
Measure from the very bottom edge, including the twisted garter stitch.

The Second question is in the same part when I get to the shape armholes... it reads "bind off 2 sts at beg of next 2 rows." Dec 1 st each end of next row 0 at each end of next row---47 sts. Work until armholes measure 10 inches."
You are absolutely right about the 'bind off 2 sts at beg of next 2 rows' part. That will take you to 49 stitches for your size. Then 'dec 1st each end of next row', do that then you'll be down to 47 stitches for your size. The next part has a '0' for your size so that just means you will do nothing more at that point. So you are at 47 sts and can now move on to continue working the armholes.

And the next part of shaping the shoulders, "Bind off 7 st at beg of next 2 rows, 8 sts at beg of next to rows, then bind off rem 17.
Bind off 7, finish row. Turn. Bind off 7, finish row. Turn. Bind off 8, finish row. Turn. Bind off 8, finish row. Turn. You will have 17 stitches left (I bolded the '17' above because you had typed in '15', was that part of the confusion?) and you will now bind off the last 17 stitches.
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #3
luv2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks so much! That was very helpful. Opps ...On the last part I typed in the wrong number, I just wanted to make sure I understood how many rows I do the decrease on to get to 17 st.

I really like the way the navy colored thick and quick yarn is knitting up and anxious to see the final results! Thanks again for your help! :D
P.S. I just love your sheep!

Old 11-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
luv2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Help again with my sweater
I am knitting this Country Jacket Sweater and want to make sure I understand a couple of early instruction. (size m)

I thought I undersood this, but I ended up with 49 st instead of 47, I BO off two, knit to the end....turned my work, BO two more, purled to the end - what am I doing wrong?

Help...

Old 11-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

You still have to do the 'dec 1st each end next row' part that immediately follows the two rows of binding off two stitches. The '0' part refers to the row following that one, which doesn't apply to your size.
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
luv2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Ohhhh, I see that now, thanks!

xxx
Sandi