Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
K@ren
Casting On

Knitting for our deployed troops....
I thought that I'd drop by and give you an update on our progress. Since we last talked, the worldwide members of The Hugs Project have completed and sent over 209,000 cooling ties, almost 17,000 helmet coolers (that can also be used as reusable hand/pocket warmers in winter), thousands of warm hats, neckwarmers, balaclavas, slippers and fingerless gloves to deployed troops in the Middle East and other areas of unrest.

Speaking of winter, it's really getting cold over there right now. I got an email from a young soldier serving in Afghanistan recently who said that he had 4 wool blankets on his bed and that he was still freezing to death. So, THP is committed to warming up these dear men and women who are standing between us and evil and looking it in the eye.

If you knit or crochet and if you would like to be a part of helping our troops know that we care and that we haven't forgotten that they are "over there", please contact me OFFlist at TheHugsProject@cox.net and I'll be happy to send you all you need to know about how to get involved.

You can also check us out on www.TheHugsProject.com or on the Department of Defense America Supports You website... http://www.americasupportsyou.mil/americasupportsyou/Content.aspx?ID=44654842

We sure need your help if we're going to reach all 160,000 deployed troops in the Middle East. Thanks for reading this and for having a big heart for those who serve in our armed forces.

Karen
Edmond, OK

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!