Old 11-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
gabz56
Casting On

"Darn in" and "Work in Single Crochet"?!
hi everyone! I'm making a shawl for my mom, but i'm having a bit of trouble deciphering the directions. I BARELY know how to crochet, but the pattern uses crocheting techniques as well. HELP!!!!

Okay, first of fall, after the knitting part of the project, they want me to "darn in the yarn ends". What exactly does that mean?

THEN the instructions say to:
W/ your other yarn, "work single crochet all around the edges of the shawl.
Tip: Join in a new ball of yarn at the beginning of a row."

This is when i'm completely lost. :thinking: I need a pro here... can someone help me, please?

Thank you kindly!
gabz56 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,827 Posts
Darning in your edges is just another way to weave in the tail ends of your yarn when you're done with a project. I can't link to it here from work, but www.knitty.com has a good article on it. Or check out Amy's video of a small project.

As for the crochet, I don't know if I could describe it here, but Googling crochet instructions will find you tons of sites.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
awos1244
Ribbing the Cuff

Crochetville.org is to crocheters what this site is to knitters. Anything you need help with can be found there. Good luck.

Chantal
awos1244 is offline   Reply With Quote