Old 11-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
pug
Ribbing the Cuff

KnitPick Options
I have never ordered from KnitPicks and was going to ask for KnitPick Options for Christmas. How long does it take to receive your order once it is placed and if anyone has had any problems receiving their order.

Thanks
pug is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
I think we all have had pretty varied experiences. Options would qualify for free shipping. I have had the free shipping take 1 1/2 weeks to arrive and I have had it take less than a week. Usually, if i qualify for free shipping i pay the extra $7 (what i figure i would have paid for shipping, at the very least anyway) for 3-day select so i don't have to wait.

I have never had any issues with ordering from them. From everything I have heard, there haven't been too many issues beyond the occasional lost shipment which will happen and KP is good about taking care of those problems pretty quickly.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

As brendajos said, it seems like delivery times for KP can range a lot. For myself, it's been a low of a couple days to a high of maybe a week. But there have been stories of longer waits, and I could definitely see them getting busier during the holiday season. I'd probably allow a couple of weeks, maybe a little more. And (horrors!) what if they ran out of stock -- I'm sure it's on a lot of knitters wish lists. Better to order earlier than later, I think. Oh, and I can also vouch for their excellent customer service. I wouldn't be concerned about that at all.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #4
moon
Ribbing the Cuff

Usually it's about a week for me.

The Options set is so great. If you look around here you'll see so many positive reviews. I would snatch one up as quickly as you can.

I've never had any problems. They are wonderful!
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
nadja la claire
Working the Gusset

My orders have taken about a week give or take. They are thoughly worth the wait. Although with one of my needles the nickle plating had chipped in places and the opening for the cable conection was too wide on another but the customer service is amazing, the woman I spoke to offered to ship them over night if I needed them right away at no cost to me. I love my Options and KP.

Nadja xxx
nadja la claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Sissy
1st Leg of the Journey

I love KP.I have not ever had any problems with them......
Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #7
Pink Dandelion
Knitting the Flap

When they were overloaded with orders for the options it took over 2 weeks for us to get some books ordered from them. They didn't make it in time for my moms BD

But other times they've shipped really fast!

Over Christmas season I would imagine they would have more orders, and take into account that the post office also slows down around then too. How close you are to their werehouse can also make a big difference, this sounds silly but if the shop is in the same state as me it can get here as soon as the day after it's shipped, but if it's a few states over, 3-4 days - across on the other coast a full week, all depending on the post office.

I'm PinkDandelion at Ravelry!
Pink Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote