Old 11-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
susanc
Turning the Heel

Mag Knits "Whitewater Wristwarmers"
Hi everyone:

This is the first time for me to submit a KAL. I want to make Mag Knits "Whitewater Wristwarmers" and wondered if anyone else would join me! I am, however, substituting the yarn that I will be using. I don't necessarily want to spend that much on yarn for this project.

I thought these would be really pretty and they are more dressy than some of the other wristwarmers I have seen. I hope some of you will join me!

I'm a chick with sticks and I'm not afraid to use them!

susanc

http://susanc-yarnnut.blogspot.com
susanc is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-19-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Angelia

Oh my, Susan, those are beautiful!! I'd love to join you, though it will have to be after Christmas.

Have you started your pair yet?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #3
susanc
Turning the Heel

I actually did and got one pattern round done and then I dropped a stitch and couldn't get it back on the needles the right way, got so frustrated and frogged the entire thing! I should have put it down at that point because I was starting to get tired ~ I know better! I am going to start them again at the end of next week actually! If you'd like to make a pair, I'll make them again after Christmas with you ~ just let me know. They are really pretty! Not a very hard pattern either. I just haven't ever used size 2 needles before, but they aren't too bad.

susanc

Old 11-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
Ohhhhhhh pretty! I just saw that yarn at my YS yesterday!

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
susanc
Turning the Heel

It's more than I want to spend on yarn right now though. I'm sure it's super soft!

susanc

Old 11-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
Angelia

How much does that yarn go for, Andrea? Silk would be soooooo verray niiiiice!

Sorry you had to Susan! Knitting on size 2s takes getting used to, but it's not bad at all. What's weird, though, is going from a project on size 2s to one on 15s...
Old 11-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
susanc
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Angelia
How much does that yarn go for, Andrea? Silk would be soooooo verray niiiiice!

Sorry you had to Susan! Knitting on size 2s takes getting used to, but it's not bad at all. What's weird, though, is going from a project on size 2s to one on 15s...
I think the yarn is about $14.00/hank/skein and this pattern takes 2 hanks/skeins.

Oh well! It was good practice! I do like knitting on the size 2 needles. The stitches move very smoothly across the metal dpns ~ I like that! I bet it would be weird to go from 2s to 15s! For sure!

susanc

Old 11-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #8
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
That's how much it was in my YS. And I had it in my hand because it was 20% day. I couldn't figure out what I could do with it Now I know and it's too late

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #9
susanc
Turning the Heel

That's too bad Andrea. It looks gorgeous, but I just don't want to spend that much. I'm going to do mine in Lion Brand Micro Spun yarn ~ it's cheap! That way if I really like how they turn out, I can buy a nicer yarn, but not at almost $14.00/skein. I don't think I want to spend $28.00 on wristwarmers right now, but I could change my mind! You never know!

I'll post pics when I start them. I just bought a new Kodak Easy Share camera and dock today and just got done setting it up. Now I just have to figure out how to transfer pics from the camera to my computer! It's absolutely amazing what these cameras can do. It's a little intimidating, as this is my first digital camera!

susanc

Old 11-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
Angelia

I have an Easy Share! All you have to do is load the software that comes with the camera--it's a snap!

$14 a skein, hm? That's not bad for silk...I don't know if I want the responsibility of silk, though!