Old 11-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
mks22300
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to mks22300
I'm SOOO Proud
of the little girl I taught to knit a year ago.
For her 7th birthday last year, she wanted me to get her stuff to teach her how to knit and I did. She's been working on and off with it throughout the year and is doing so well with it. She even works on it when I'm not watching her (I sometimes babysit for her and her little sister). I was watching her work at it last night and was so impressed, her tension is pretty good, she hasn't dropped any stitches or added any stitches! She asked me when we can go get more yarn (as that was part of her b-day present) and I told her we'd go when she finished her scarf (that's what she wants it to be anyway). I was working on a scarf last night and she asked me how you get them to be wider and I explained that you just cast on more stitches and told her that I didn't want her to have that many to work with (I think I cast on 10 for her, but can't remember) and she said that was good 'cause she didn't think she'd be able to do more than that.
Her little sister is also very interested in learning to knit (or "knot" as she used to call it ) so, I'm sure I'll have to get her some knitting supplies in the near future for her. She was very intrigued by my circs I was working with.
Oh, I'm also kinda proud of myself too. I learned how to cable knit without using a cable needle!

I'm mks22300 at ravelry
mks22300 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!