Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
nonny2t
Instepping Out

OT: Cats
My sister is in a situation where she is going to have to give away her three cats. They are heartbroken over this, but it was kind of something that came up unexpectedly while getting ready to move. She lives in Southern Ca, but I believe would be willing to fly them to someone who could take one, two or all of them. She said that before they leave her home they will all be good with shots, they are not declawed, but have scratching posts and have never tore up her furniture. I believe they are all about 3 years old as she got them as kittens in a rescue situation. She emailed me this: "There are 2 boys and 1 girl. They are all spayed and/or neutered. Bella I think should not go to a home where there are small children that might pick at her as she likes to be left alone and just comes out every now and then (that's what I like about her). The boys are both very social and don't mind anyone at all. I would be willing to pay to ship them, however, I would of course prefer to keep them close by and save the cost and trouble for them and me."

If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will send you her email address so you can get in contact with her.

Faye
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
HamburgKnitter
Knitting the Flap

That's sad, my sympathies to your sister. I'll ask over at my cat forum.

Still trying to convince Henry the cat that knitting is a spectator sport!
HamburgKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

I hope she finds someone close by -- I'm sure it'd be easier on the kitties not to have to travel too far. Has your sister looked locally? One tip I read on craigslist is that if you run an ad to find a new home for your pet, you should not offer to give them away for free because unscrupulous people might take them. Instead you should ask for a modest fee like $15. I think the idea is that only people who are really interested in having a pet would bother to answer an ad if a fee is involved -- it's sort of a screening method.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote