Old 11-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
candy
Turning the Heel

still don't understand
I have finished my back and now on my front. After shaping the armhole and v neck I am to dnd with a WS row. Then it says
Shape right shoulder:(RS) Cast off 6sts at beg of foll row. Work 1 row without shaping. cast off rem sts
What I don't get is BEG OF FOLL ROW. Does that not mean the next row?

Am I suppose to Knit one row no shaping THEN cast off 6sts on the second row. Then work 1 row without shaping. Then on the next row cast off all sts. This is three rows before casting off. OR

Am I suppose to Cast off 6 sts first row then work 1 row without shaping then cast off .this option only gives me two rows before casting off when the back has four rows before casting off. Will that not make it harder to sew up.

Also, pattern says- Shape left armhole and v-neck: With RS facing, rejoin yarn, Cast off 1st at beg or for(centre neck). Work in pattern to end of row.

Am I suppose to rejoin the yarn on the first stitch and cast that same stitch off?
candy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-14-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Re: still don't understand
Originally Posted by candy
I have finished my back and now on my front. After shaping the armhole and v neck I am to dnd with a WS row. Then it says
Shape right shoulder:(RS) Cast off 6sts at beg of foll row. Work 1 row without shaping. cast off rem sts
What I don't get is BEG OF FOLL ROW. Does that not mean the next row?

Am I suppose to Knit one row no shaping THEN cast off 6sts on the second row. Then work 1 row without shaping. Then on the next row cast off all sts. This is three rows before casting off. OR

Am I suppose to Cast off 6 sts first row then work 1 row without shaping then cast off .this option only gives me two rows before casting off when the back has four rows before casting off. Will that not make it harder to sew up.

Also, pattern says- Shape left armhole and v-neck: With RS facing, rejoin yarn, Cast off 1st at beg or for(centre neck). Work in pattern to end of row.

Am I suppose to rejoin the yarn on the first stitch and cast that same stitch off?
I believe they mean the very next row. Why they say "following row" when you start the shaping is beyond me. I always read that as next row. Yes it looks like they want you to join the yarn, knit your two stitches and then bind off the first one.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
candy
Turning the Heel

Thanks, now I am starting the sleeve. I think it will be easier.
candy is offline   Reply With Quote