Old 11-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #11
SabrinaJL
Turning the Heel

I can't stand the way pretty much all sellers will not leave you feedback until you've left it for them. The way I see it, once I've paid promptly, I've held up my end of the deal and should get positive feedback immediately.
SabrinaJL is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #12
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
I agree, Sabrina. I won't leave feedback until I've received my item, though.

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
lissalue
Instepping Out

it isn't really fair, how many people hold the feedback you leave for them against you. i don't think that is how it was intended. just an update, i emailed the seller and said:

i don't wish to send them back. i will contact denise about a new case. you way overpaid considering that they retail for around $50. have a nice day.

obviously i know they did not pay that, and now they know that i know!!
i am still going to wait about the feedback and see what they have to say about my email.

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #14
Eloewien
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Eloewien
I'm having trouble with an ebay seller at the moment, so I understand the frustration. It's a seller I've worked with before, so I'm giving her time before I leave feedback. However, I paid for my purchase within an hour of the auction closing, it's been 3 weeks and the book has not arrived. First, she claimed she shipped it 4 days after the auction ended. Then, she said she had to wait until the next monday (about 8 days). Now, she's saying it shipped the day after the auction ended. I'm giving her until Friday- if it's not here, I've got to do something.
I just feel bad, since she's been wonderful with previous purchases, but I'm getting really frustrated! It's been over 3 weeks now!

Laura
For mom: Celtic Knotwork sweater
For me: Rogue, shawl of my own design
For friends: Foliage hat, dragonscale wristwarmers
Eloewien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:54 PM   #15
lissalue
Instepping Out

i understand completely. it is really hard to take action if you want to maintain your good reputation there. there are probably a lot of sellers who deserve negative feedback and don't get it because of this. i agree, three weeks is way too long to have to wait, especially if they keep changing their story. hope it works out for you.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #16
genden69
Casting On

I would return the needles. You can purchase a new set. Every time you use the needles, you may have a bad feeling of resentment. Knitting should always be a joy. If you know you will have bad feelings, I would recommend that you return them for sure. If you paid through PayPal, you should be able to dispute and get your money back if the seller refuses a refund. You will probably be out the return postage in any case. It is unfortunate that some ebay sellers are not reputable. Most of us who have bought or sold on ebay have a story to tell.
genden69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #17
lissalue
Instepping Out

the computer ate my last post. here we go again.

i got a response from my seller. i think the first letter was written by the husband and the new one was written by the wife because they were written totally different. anyway, they are now apologizing for my inconvenience, offering to help me buy a new case from denise, and offering me a free knitting pattern of my choice. i guess i shouldn't have gripped so much, but iwas just really frustrated and knew i could say things here that i couldn't (or shouldn't) say to the seller. thanks for letting me vent, and thanks for all the great advice.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #18
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
looks like a case is about $16 on the denise website. I would offer to take a $10 credit just to play nice and move on my merry way.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #19
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

I'm so glad everything worked out!

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:13 AM   #20
KnittingStardust
Ribbing the Cuff

Yay!

It is a good thing you vented here and not at them. Glad it is working out.

www.KnittingStardust.com
KnittingStardust is offline   Reply With Quote