Old 12-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #21
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
got the e-mail yesterday will have to wait though till after the holidays... and when I find a different yarn

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #22
redwitch
Working the Gusset

Yes I want this pattern too. I often see hipbones jutting out through naked skin on models in lingerie/bikinis, but have never seen them prominent enough to be visible through knitted fabric. That's a worry. Here's hoping it looks good on bigger sizes. They show several variations on it - of colour/neck detail/sleeve type, but heaven forfend we get to see a medium-sized version.
Hope it suits a DD-cup
Sarah
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #23
redwitch
Working the Gusset

Neckline - easily changed
Well of course I would know, because I have never done a jumper or anything besides hats/gloves/socks/scarves/cowls-type items, but the pattern calls for the textured neckline to be sewn together from the very base of that textured panel. So the vertical neckline was sewn together from there upwards, and the bottom of the 'v' neckline is simply where the designer chose to stop stitching. So I think the neckline is easily adaptable to your chest shape/size and personal taste for showing skin. Again, I've never done items like this before, but I've seen sweater/tank-type patterns, and this one seems very easily adaptable to change the fit. Who else is knitting this/has bought the pattern? I'm especially interested in choices of wool/yarn. You Americans, how much does that recommended stuff - Tilli Thomas? - actually cost? I've seen you allude to it... and I see one yarn listed as containing 'semi-precious stones'. Keep fecken dreaming.
So I'll be subbing, and have little experience with selecting what makes the desired fabric for an item like this. Please post what fibre content you chose, and why, and especially how that affects the way you interpret your gauge swatch? Especially anyone in New Zealand. Hell, even Australia. It may be something I can get.
Who's in for the KAL or bought the pattern?

Sarah
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #24
allegra918
Turning the Heel

I bought the pattern and I am hoping that Santa brings me the yarn for Christmas! I love the short sleeved purple one!!! MUST HAVE!!

OTN:
EZ February Baby Sweater
Monkey socks
allegra918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #25
pixiepurls
1st Leg of the Journey

I found a small pattern error, be careful when you do the hip increases, the instructions don't take into account the 5th middle-underarm-halfway-point marker, which shouldn't have any increases even though the instructions make it sound like it should.
pixiepurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #26
Annyka
Ribbing the Cuff

Gah -- what's a good substitution on the yarn? I can't even imagine paying $38 plus shipping on 7-8 skeins of yarn, that's a $300 sweater!?!?!?!
Annyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:13 PM   #27
mystery
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by KnittyKitty
I don't know if you guys know this already or not but the pattern became available last night!
For free? Or to buy? This will have to be my next project, it's so cute.

mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #28
Kiri
Ribbing the Cuff

Have you guys seen the knitalong that is just getting started for this here: http://saharakal.blogspot.com/ ?
Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #29
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

did anyone end up knitting this one? i just found the pattern, and i'd LOVE to have the short sleeved version for this spring/summer.
i'm trying to see if anyone has found a good yarn sub....

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #30
adopt4him
Casting On

Knitting sahara now
I started Sahara 5 days ago. We had a huge snow storm and I got 2 days of straight knitting. I have the body done and 1/3 of a sleeve. Making the long sleeve version out of Knit Picks Andean Silk in Olive. It is a recomended sub yarn and it is wonderful. I am threading beads for the lace trim because I thought the yarn wouldn't drape as well without them.

I love the pattern and have made a couple mods but only to slightly enhance the fit for me. A highly recomended to-knit.
adopt4him is offline   Reply With Quote