Old 11-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
gardenmommy
Instepping Out

"Manly" fingerless gloves, pattern wanted, would S
Know of any good patterns for a man's fingerless glove? I definitely want something machine washable, and am considering Swish, or would something not as heavy as a worsted be better?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
I think you could make the knucks manly.

I did mine in a maggie DK tweed. Of course they aren't technically washable but i would probably forget that when they get dirty and wash them anyway. (but i don't work in fields either so my dirt and the dirt you are probably dealing with will be a little different! ) i think the ones i did would look very manly if i hadn't used the bright embroidery. i loved that they were knitted from the knuckles down too. if they aren't a surprise you could have him try on the fingers as you go to make sure they are the length you want!