Old 11-18-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
SaMortensen
Casting On

Knitting in Round, Cast on Stitches and join to back of sts
I am knitting my first sweater after months of knitting dishclothes, and I have run up against an area that I can't seem to find information on here. I am sure it is probably here, but I'm not finding it, so please excuse the duplicate post.

The pattern I am working on is an (so they say) easy pattern where the sweater is knit all in one piece - its called Knitting Pure and Simple "Bulky V-Neck Pullover" in case anyone has done it.

I am at the part where you divide for the sleeves and after slipping off the required stiches for the left sleeve, casting on 5, place marker, cast on 5...it tells me to
Quote:
join to the back stitches...
What back stiches are they talking about?

and...the instructions go on to say to...

Quote:
k across the back sts to the next marker, k 1, slip all on yarn for right sleeve, then cast on 10 sts as before with marker after 5, join and knit one round, The only markers sould be at the middle of each underarm, you are now working on the body sts only, Choose one of these as the beginning of a round, knit until work measures...
Can someone explain these questions to me or better yet, is there a video that shows me how to do this?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!