Old 11-19-2006, 05:46 AM   #1
jezzybear
Casting On

Neck Edge?
I always get this confused - which is the neck edge? I know this sounds really dumb but i've done this wrong before and i'm getting on so well so far I really don't want to stuff it up and end up pulling it out!

Just as an extra - if i'd known you were here before I would have been knitting years ago! I swear when i'm able to answer other people's questions I will because i'd have never got this far without your help!
jezzybear is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-19-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
horve1
Turning the Heel

I'm guessing you're making something like a cardigan? If so, the "neck edge" is the side that will be in the center, under the neck, when worn - as opposed to the arm, or sleeve, edge, that will be on the side around the arm when worn.
Isn't this the best place ever!!!
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #3
jezzybear
Casting On

Thanks, thought that would make sense, but as i've discovered knitting terms aren't always logical!

Completed the back of my first ever adult sized jumper and now heading up the front with a great feeling of pride! Wouldn't have even started without everyone's help tho!
jezzybear is offline   Reply With Quote