Old 11-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #1
jezzybear
Casting On

Final bit of help needed if possible please
Sorry for my 3rd post in 24hours. I am finishing my first piece of knitting and it's doubly difficult to understand the pattern because a) i'm a newbie and b) it's translated (not too well) from Norweigan!

Here's the finishing bit;

MAKE UP AND FINISH
Sew up the right shoulder. With yarn worked double pick up 48 (50-52) sts. along the back neckline and along thethe right of neckline to
the centre criss-cross of 6 sts (not included); to shape the collar work 14 rows in rib stitch 1/1, corresponding to 12 cm. then bind off the
sts loosely. Trim the left of neckline in the same way picking up 36 (38-40) sts. Sew up left shoulder and the sides of the collar allowing for
the lapel. Sew the bottom sides of the collar at the base of the neckline overlapping the right over the left and folding over (on right side
of work) for 2 cm 2 the braided edge. Join and sew on the sleeves. Sew up the sides.

I understand i am going to sew the right shoulder, then pick up 50 st along the back of the neck and down the right side of the neck to the centre front of the garment. (Is this 50 st in total to pick up or 50 on the back of the neck and 50 down the right hand side?)

What is the centre criss-cross of 6 st? Does this refer to the 6 st I cast off at the front centre of the work? In which case do I pick up the stitches on the right side of the neck to the edge of these 6 stitches instead of including these stitches and going right to the centre of the work?

Sew up the left shoulder & the sides of the collar - is this the collar I have just knitted? And what is the lapel I have to leave room for?

Sew the bottom sides of the collar at the base of the neckline overlapping the right over the left and folding over (on right side
of work) for 2 cm 2 the braided edge
- What?!

Sorry again guys but I really can't figure this out myself!
jezzybear is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
It looks like you pick up a total of 50 stitches along the back neckline and the right front.

Then you'll pick up 38 down the left neckline.

It looks like you don't pick up the center 6 stitches, but fold the two edges of the collar you just knit over them to criss-cross? It's hard to tell without a picture.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote