Old 11-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Lonnie's Sport Socks
Hey Ya'll
It's so great to stop in if only for a second! I'll find out more from the doc tomorrow, so you may be seeing me around here more after tomorrow

Anyway, I couldn't not post Lonnie's socks even if I am on bed rest!
As I've told a few of you, I've only knit Lonnie one pair of socks (head is hanging in shame!) and this was not too long ago...he loves them so much that I've seen him washing and wearing them several times a week! That said, i HAD to get another pair done, and not just any pair...a pair designed for him! I had some discontinued colorways of KnitPicks painted merino sock yarn around and he picked the color he liked (yep, handwash yarn, but that's okay for my baby!). He likes short socks, thus the name, "Lonnie's Sport Socks." This is a simple 4 st/4 row slip st pattern that I think would look good with both solids and variegated yarns. OH, almost forgot to mention I used size 1 circs, but I wrote the pattern for 5 dpns, I figured that socknitters that prefer other methods can easily adjust the pattern for magic loop or circs. The pattern can be found on my design blog.

I've not forgotten about the "Whimsy" socks! And, I have another cool pair in mind, I was going to make these for the holidays, but I think that I may be able to devise a way so that they can be worn both for the holidays and as every day socks...we will see.

Now... if only the doc gives me the okay and allows me out of bed, bedrest stinks...and, it really makes you tired, believe it or not!

I miss ya'll

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!