Old 11-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

OT: flower delivery suggestions -- no longer needed -- Thx!
Hi all! I want to send a "get well" bouquet to someone who lives in another city. Does anyone have a favorite online source they would recommend? TIA!

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
Mom2Rebecca
Ribbing the Cuff

1-800-flowers is the only one Ive heard of
Jessica
Mom2Rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Have you tried calling their local florist? Sometimes they will take the order and cc # themselves... if not I've used both FTD and 1800flowers and haven't had a problem...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
mulene
Working the Gusset

Do your local florists do Interflora? I know if I order from the UK and do interflora I can send to anywhere in the world that has a florist in the Interflora network

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Go with 1-800-flowers. If you are disatisfied for any reason you can get your money back. They own the popcorn factory and I had an issue with an anniversary gift being delivered later than they promised. They gave me my money back AND sent them the next higher $$$ basket.

Faye
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
projectgal
1st Leg of the Journey

My mom sent me some flowers for my birthday through Martha Stewart flowers and they were gorgeous. However, I had to arrange the flowers myself--the vase and the flowers are separate and the stems had to be cut. Kind of a do-it-yourself Martha-style flower kit.

Great flowers, but not the best idea for someone who is sick.

If I know there is a good florist in the area, I generally just call the florist directly. If your friend is in the hospital, call the general info line and just ask which florists send nice arrangements. They've seen thousands of flowers come through and can generally give a good recommendation.

Hope she is feeling better soon!

projectgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Thanks, guys! I went with 1-800-flowers. I even found a $10 off coupon. (I coupons!) Hopefully the flowers will cheer her up because she has to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote