Old 11-28-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
DragonTush
1st Leg of the Journey

Sigh
I just burned a triple batch of spaghetti sauce. I've decided to blame my knitting. I was thinking about knitting when I turned the stove down *humph* down? Yeah right...I turned it to high heat put the timer on and figured I'd have 15 more minutes to knit until the noodles were cooked. Walked up to a smoking kitchen and completely inedable sauce. I ended up with a sandwhich for supper.

My Blog
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #2
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
I do stuff like that without my knitting. I exploded a Pyrex dish with a roasting chicken in it--we ate out. I burned the gravy on thanksgiving, we ate it anyway (it wasn't that bad, but DH was miffed). He's in Boston this week and I have vowed to cook every night, so I am being extra vigilant. He does most of the cooking, so I don't want him to be able to make any remarks about my mishaps in the kitchen. I am a servicable cook when my mind is on it. And I am the baker in the house, he can't beat my cheesecake. :P
Old 11-28-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
cookworm
Working the Gusset

Dragon, if it makes you feel any better, I had a cooking disaster on Saturday. We're trying to stretch groceries until payday, so I thought I'd try a recipe that used ingredients I had on hand...you know, a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. After much fanfare required by the recipe and cooking for over an hour, I wasn't impressed with the results; in fact, I was very disappointed and didn't like it, and neither did my husband. So we wound up ordering Thai which I'm not complaining about , but still, all that time and work and money wasted. I know how you feel. I hate throwing stuff out. Were you able to salvage any of the sauce at all? It sounds like you were being industrious trying to cook some extra too for the future...that's crummy. Sorry this happened!

I'm on flickr, too!
I love to knit shawls...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls!
cookworm is offline   Reply With Quote