Old 11-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
candicane
Working the Gusset

Changing from flat to round in project
I am knitting a top-down raglan cardigan and have divided for the arms. I am using this stitch pattern:

Row 1: YO, K2Tog
Row 2: Purl

When working this flat, there is an obvious right side and wrong side. If I knit the sleeves in the round, do I still purl row 2? Or do I need to make an adjustment for knitting in the round?

Thanks,
Candice
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

You will have to make an adjustment in the that your wrong side rows will have to be reversed (knit for purl, purl for knit). In your case, it's easy because all you have to do is knit the WS rounds instead of purling.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
candicane
Working the Gusset

Thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted confirmation from a PRO!

candice
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by candicane
Thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted confirmation from a PRO!

candice
Um, maybe you should wait for someone else to confirm it too then, because I certainly wouldn't consider myself a pro... especially since (judging from the date you joined KP), I haven't been knitting as long as you have. I do knit in the round whenever possible, though, so maybe I have more practice in that.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #5
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Jane's right. In the round, every row 2 would be knitted instead of purled.
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote