Old 11-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
Cleo
Casting On

Right hand or left hand knitting????
Hello, all you great knitters!!! I am now learning to use DPN needles for circular projects but my question is: for the long haul what method English or Continental would be best?

As the projects and patterns get more complicated I wonder which method to choose...

I have browsed the forum: debating left or right hand knitting blogs, but it still confuses me. I know personal preference is important, but considering I am in the US, and want to learn to do alot of techniques and patterns, what would be the best method to count on????
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
The best method is really the one that works best for you. Some US knitters use continental, others use English/throwing, some use combination, others use a bit of all of them. Pattern complication has little to do with it, anyone using any method can use any pattern. If you want to do Fair Isle or color knitting, it may be easier to do if you can hold yarn in both hands, but that's about the only technique that it would be handy for. Or not.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote