Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #11
trollgirl
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by psammeadred

Around here, it's not the cold itself that's the problem. It's the peabrains who think having 4-wheel drive means that they can go flying down an icy highway at 70 mph. I can deal with cold; risking my life by driving near those nit-wits, not so much. [/vent]
Oh, yeah, I know what you're talking about. I don't have a car so I take the bus and then walk about 500 metres down a major road to get to work. There is no sidewalk in some places, and I'm walking in snow a lot, which I can deal with. But sometimes cars whizz by me and once in a while I imagine that if they lose control and go off the road, I'll be all splattified. But the WORST happens in spring, when everything is melty and slippery, and all you're trying to do is not slip and fall over into the busy road, and some jerk comes zooming by and splashes dirty melted snow-water on you. I think they do it on purpose.
trollgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #12
letah75
Working the Gusset

It was in the 20's when I got up this morning, we had a freeze warning til 9am. I think it's supposed to get up to 50 degrees today.

It's abnormally cold for this area, and EVERYONE is chitter chattering, and complaining. After reading some of the above posts, I realize Californians are big wussies....

However, when it gets to 115 here in the summer, then we are tough people who can handle anything.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased ó thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson
letah75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #13
Jessica
Working the Gusset

Re: OT: It's Winter in....
Originally Posted by Jackie M.
Texas! We are having an ice storm. Been going for the last 4 hours and it's only 26 degrees. I don't have to go to work today....YEA!
Have a fire going, going to put in a movie and knit. Ahhhhhhh, time for cocoa too.
It snows in texas :?eyebrow:

I live in Michigan, and it gets freakin cold here. Not to mention all the stooopid white stuff that falls on the ground

Originally Posted by CarmenIbanez View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm full of sh*t

http://www.myspace.com/94432495
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #14
Jackie M.
Turning the Heel

Re: OT: It's Winter in....
Originally Posted by Jessica
Originally Posted by Jackie M.
Texas! We are having an ice storm. Been going for the last 4 hours and it's only 26 degrees. I don't have to go to work today....YEA!
Have a fire going, going to put in a movie and knit. Ahhhhhhh, time for cocoa too.
It snows in texas :?eyebrow:

I live in Michigan, and it gets freakin cold here. Not to mention all the stooopid white stuff that falls on the ground
Yes it snows or we have ice storms at least twice a year and that is enough to shut down the whole state.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
Secksiebrat
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Secksiebrat
Yes I'm in North East Texas and I'm freeezing. It isn't quite 32 degrees yet, but it's raining and windy and it's HORRIBLE.

I've been drinking tea, felting my son's clogs, and crochetting beads on socks for a friend's niece for christmas! I have SOOO much to do and SO little time. Can I have an extra set of hands please? Thanks!

~danielle~

Secksiebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:26 PM   #16
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
Its 68 here in Boston ....way to warm for this time of the year! Where is the snow??
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:30 PM   #17
psammeadred
Working the Gusset

If it makes you feel any better, it was 75 degrees here two days ago (in Oklahoma). The front should be headed your way!
psammeadred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #18
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
It's warm and foggy in Jersey.

Kaydee, it doesn't generally snow this early in Boston. I'd say "normally" but Boston has no "normally."

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #19
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
Originally Posted by cawthraven

Kaydee, it doesn't generally snow this early in Boston. I'd say "normally" but Boston has no "normally."
I guess I should say where's the cold? It doesn't feel like we're going into the holiday season when you can walk around in a t-shirt and flip flops
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #20
Sooze
Ribbing the Cuff

very cold here
wind chill is about 12 degrees..my car door is frozen OPEN, I couldn't get up the hill to go for milk, had to back all the way down the street, and then people driving like idiots, pulling out in front, and THEN, since it may get above freezing tomorrow is going to rain AGAIN, another layer of ice on top of snow, on top of the first layer of ice...NOT FUN!

Ok, I need a cup of tea, but I am spoiled (it was so nice earlier this week) and bored, since there is no place I want to go, with the wind, and the cold...me and the kitty kat stuck inside, and REALLY going stir crazy already, I am not sure why, since most days I love being at home.

We're not in Kansas any more Toto! This is the mongolian tundra! Brrrrr!
Sooze is offline   Reply With Quote