Old 12-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Manly Scarf
There was a perfect scarf pattern on this site:

http://www.scknitting.com/spring2005/manly-scarf.html

I am putting the whole address, because the site is no longer there. I was wondering if anyone has the pattern? It was called the "manly scarf" and was a slip-stitch pattern that you could knit horizontally or vertically. It was shown in shades of gray and black.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Well, it's to late to do this now, but when I find a pattern I like, I save it as a PDF just in case it disappears.

Hope someone can help you find the manly scarf again.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Well, if the gods are smiling down on me today, then I have it in a binder at home. I print most patterns I like and then put them in sheet protectors and then into binders. HOPEFULLY, I have this somewhere. But I thought I would ask just in case.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Well that's a relief. You probably do have it -- you seem like a well-organized person. I, on the other hand... not so much. The fact that I have a folder on my computer for knitting is pretty amazing. It's the only way storing knitting info would work for me because anything on paper is bound to be swallowed up in the black hole that is my office.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
gardenmommy
Instepping Out

http://www.scarlet-zebra.com/Instruc...anly-Scarf.htm

http://knittingqueen2.blogspot.com/2...nly-scarf.html

Do you remember any other details of it? I found these Manly Scarves, but I don't know if it is the same thing or not.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Nope. I've looked through all those. It's okay. I'm not going to cry until after I try to find it at home.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
debb
Knitting the Flap

I did a google search for scknitting manly-scarf and think I found the designer at http://celiaknits.blogspot.com/ but since I don't know what the scarf looks like, I didn't want to contact her directly. I will however be happy to receive the pattern if you manage to locate the one you were looking for. I've been searching for a good scarf for a man and this one sounds like it might work.

edit - I found the email addy from http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/...TOPIC_ID=45054 so maybe someone there might have the pattern?
debb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

I'm not sure. Nothing on her blog looks like the scarf I am looking for. Mine is a slip stitch, knit either horizontal or vertically, and it is in three shades of grey. At least it is in the pattern.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:19 AM   #9
KatyKoolkat
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to KatyKoolkat
You obviously haven't heard of the Wayback Machine. Go there and bookmark cause if you loose a pattern and need to find the page it was on, just plug the web page in and voila! There it is!
KatyKoolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:20 AM   #10
KatyKoolkat
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to KatyKoolkat
You obviously haven't heard of the Wayback Machine. Go there and bookmark cause if you lose a pattern and need to find the page it was on, just plug the web page in and voila! There it is!

HTH!
KatyKoolkat is offline   Reply With Quote