Old 12-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
OT: Christmas gift suggestions???
I have two workers that Iíd like to give something to for the holidays. The problem is that Iím stumped on what to get them. Iím not going to knit anything since Iím working on a couple of other gifts for family members. Iím fairly new to the job, so Iíve worked with them for about 3 months. They are both female coworkers, so does anyone have any suggestions of something (not too expensive) I could get?

I also want to give me roommates something as well. We were all strangers until we moved in together in Sept., so we are friendly but itís not like we are the best of friends since we have very different schedules and donít get to see each other all that much. No one has mentioned giving anything to each other, but Iíd like to give them something in the spirit of the season. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-06-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Roommates: Bath stuff as in a set of towels or pedicure stuff things like that are always great as they can always be used.

Also, Gift cards are the way to go with people you barely know. Places like Bed Bath and Beyond, Pier One, places like that are great because they have such a variety of stuff and are more upscale than Walmart, Target, Penneys, etc. Restaurants gift certificates are always great too!
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
letah75
Working the Gusset

If they drink coffee you could get them a gift certificate for a local coffee shop.

One thing I do for co-workers is get a mug a celophane bag, alternate hot chocolate with marshmellows tie it with a pretty ribbon. Maybe include a chocolate diped spoon, and WaaLaa instant cute little gift for someone you don't know very well, and it doesn't cost alot. In fact you can get some nice mugs for $1 at Michael's.
letah75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
HamburgKnitter
Knitting the Flap

I would get my co-workers something nice for their desks. I have gotten funny things from co-workers in the past that I really got a kick out of, for example a tiny "computer guardian angel" for my computer - it's really just a glow-in-the-dark plastic angel that attaches to the top of the computer to "guard" it from crashing. It can also just be a nice mug or pencil holder or whatever if your co-workers are a bit conservative. If all else fails, bring them in a batch of homemade brownies or cookies packed up nicely in a basket.

Roommates: bath stuff is good - at least you can snoop around to see what kind of stuff they like. But if you're interested in getting to know them a bit better you could also give them a "gift certificate" for a meal together - whether home-cooked or you treating them at a restaurant.

Still trying to convince Henry the cat that knitting is a spectator sport!
HamburgKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

candles!!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Am I the only one who likes snacks? I vote for food! Chocolate, cookies, fresh fruit, caramel popcorn, Hickory Farm gift boxes... I'm almost always happy to get edible goodies as gifts... well, maybe except for fruitcake.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote