Old 12-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #1
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
some FOs
I did the kitchner stitch and didn't mess it up!!!!!

Now here's the funny thing about these socks, the first one is a little big, and I followed a pattern for it-don't ask which one because I couldn't find it again to complete the second sock so I made up my own for the second as best I could from the first one. Turns out the one I made up fit better, go me. However; my son started telling me that, "These socks are driving me nuts!" I asked why and he said, "Because you made them too big, make me some more Mommy." Good grief. So with this sockintine kal going on (in the kal section) I decided that I really needed to get aquainted with my long circ needle and make a sock that way, because I want to be able to do that for the kal. But here's the thing, with a little help and a few questions answered from Knitqueen I figured it out without a pattern and then made up my own pattern for a teeny tiny sock. I used sport weight yarn and size 1 32" needles and made my ity bity sock...how cute is that? Of course there is no way this would fit any newborn unless it was my cousins babies born at 24 weeks weighing only 1#6oz. Daddys wedding ring was big on their arms and legs-anyway, I'm so proud of myself and humble too.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	3001.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	34157  
Attached Images:

jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
Eiline
Ribbing the Cuff

adorable!
Eiline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
gardenmommy
Instepping Out

Congrats on the Kitchener!

And what a wee little sock! So cute!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
candicane
Working the Gusset

Those are some great colors on Jacob's socks! Good job on the kitchner stitch. I have to have complete silence, no interruptions and I chant while doing it. I may or may not also be holding my breath during this.

Candice
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by candicane
Those are some great colors on Jacob's socks! Good job on the kitchner stitch. I have to have complete silence, no interruptions and I chant while doing it. I may or may not also be holding my breath during this.

Candice
I remember saying to my kids, Jacob esp. to be quiet or Mommy will mess up your toes on your socks. And then I have to chant knit slip purl, purl slip knit in my head or he'll chant with me and really screw things up. I also hold my breath when I do it and then when I'm done slouch on the couch b/c my muscles are tense while I'm doing it because if I screw up I can't figure out how to get it back to the beginning so I can start over. I did it on the baby sock last night without looking at the directions to see how I start, I was so proud of myself.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote