So I am pretty new to knitting, I've done a few scarves & toques. I've done a ribbed patteren, straight knitting, and a seed stitch (moss stitch).
This is the pattern I'm having a promblem reading:
US 8 straight needles, or size need for gauge.
20 sts and 28 rows = 4 " in basketweave patt
- Row 1 *K1, P1; rep from * to end
- Row 2 *P1, K1; rep from * to end
- Rows 1, 3, 6, 8: K1, p1, k1, *k2, p4; rep from * to last 5 sts, k3, p1, k1
- Rows 2, 4, 7, 9: K1, p1, k1, *p2, k4; rep from * to last 5 sts, p2, k1, p1, k1.
- Row 5: K1, p1, k1, p to last 3 sts, k1, p1, k1.
- Row 10: K1, p1, k to last 2 sts, p1, k1.
CO 38 sts.
Work 6 rows in seed st.
Work in basketweave patt until scarf measures 68" beg, ending with a patt row 9.
Work 6 rows in seed sts.
BO and weave in ends.
So my problem is with the directions and the basketweave pattern. Can someone spell it out for me, since right now I can't seem to wrap my tiny brain around it.