Old 12-10-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
Mo0nAngel
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to Mo0nAngel
Dominican Republic?? ..who am I kidding :'( am I alone??
What are the odds of another dominican in this forum who knits AND speaks english...I know I know cero to none..but the hope still remains...so if by chance there is someone pleaseeeeeee do not hesitate to PM, Reply, or Email Me! :D
My Art (Drawings, photography, FKO)
My knitter's geek code
KCR+++ Exp SPM Steel++@ Wood+ Pl+ Syn(+) Cot+++ Lux+ Wool+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent? FI++* Int++@ Lace++* Felt++* Tex++* Flat++@Circ++@DPNS[5]ML2* !Swatch GaugeDK(++)W(+++)F(+++)S(+++) KIP(+++) EZ+ FO+(6) WIP+(++) Blog++ SNB- ALTCr+Sw+
What's yours?
Mo0nAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-10-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
horve1
Turning the Heel

You may (or may not?) be alone geographically, but you are not alone in spirit. You've got lots of friends here!
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Mo0nAngel
Knitting the Flap

awww you're such a sweetheart!! thank you so much!!!
My knitter's geek code
KCR+++ Exp SPM Steel++@ Wood+ Pl+ Syn(+) Cot+++ Lux+ Wool+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent? FI++* Int++@ Lace++* Felt++* Tex++* Flat++@Circ++@DPNS[5]ML2* !Swatch GaugeDK(++)W(+++)F(+++)S(+++) KIP(+++) EZ+ FO+(6) WIP+(++) Blog++ SNB- ALTCr+Sw+
What's yours?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Maybe there are other island knitters???
Old 12-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
juneko74
Ribbing the Cuff

Don't feel so lonely, I'm Korean... Lived most of my life in South America. Lived in Paraguay for 19 years and 6 1/2 in Suriname. So my native language is Spanish... I can pretend to be from REPUBLICA DOMINICANA. Does this make you feel better???

www.koreaultimate.net
juneko74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #6
Mo0nAngel
Knitting the Flap

awwww you gals! you're gonna make me cry now!! :D I love you all soo much!! :D actually Hildie there was one from barbados but I haven't seen her around...and Juneko sure you can pretend to be from the DR!! :D It would definitely make me feel better!
My knitter's geek code
What's yours?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #7
KnittyKitty
Knitting the Flap

Hi! I'm still around! I know how you are feeling... it would be nice to do a knitting nite somewhere... you know, do cool things that you read about on here on other places on the web. I guess for now I have to be satisfied with just that It's good to know that there is another Caribbean knitter on here!

Lisa
KnittyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #8
Mo0nAngel
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by KnittyKitty
Hi! I'm still around! I know how you are feeling... it would be nice to do a knitting nite somewhere... you know, do cool things that you read about on here on other places on the web. I guess for now I have to be satisfied with just that It's good to know that there is another Caribbean knitter on here!

Lisa
Its youuuuuu I was wondering about you Lisa! how are things over there in barbados?? have you gotten any cool weather yet??
My knitter's geek code
What's yours?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

cool weather????? What's cool weather in the carribbean... 70s?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #10
KnittyKitty
Knitting the Flap

We sure do Hilde... anything below 75 is chilly for me especially at night. It might get a bit "colder" mostly when you guys get very very cold and the wind blows down here. I consider it cold when at night I have to wrap up in a blankie! Remember we get high 80's (feels like low 90's) to low 90's (feels like high 90's) with UV indices like 9/10. I wear a cardigan in the office and get really mad when people turn the a/c to 68! That's my floor. Don't talk about the floor where the Canadians work! Its like they are recreating their home climate! Heck, some days in July when we visited San Fransisco were FREEZING!!!

Rita, since you are closer to North America you guys must have your blankies out too!
KnittyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote