Old 12-20-2006, 02:48 AM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
OT: Anyone on/been on Jenny Craig/Nutrisystems?
I'm just wondering what the cost is like before I call and get roped in by a representative. You know, new year's is coming up and all. just ballparks are fine for food and whatever else they charge you.

thanks

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-20-2006, 03:56 AM   #2
hunterjenn
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via MSN to hunterjenn Send a message via Yahoo to hunterjenn
Nutrisystem does food ONLY, as far as I'm aware. I tried it last year, and it was like $280 for a 4-week supply. A lot of the food is not bad for taste, but the portions are TINY!! Of course, this is one of the reasons you lose weight, but IMO you're better off eating more normal quantities of low-cal food. I lost 18 pounds or so in about 6 weeks, but it all came back on when I went off it--even though I was still really careful about what I ate. The oh-so-sad truth is that exercise is the key for me...which is why I'm still a chunk!
*Isabella from Spring Knitty
*Striped hoodie from Nursery Knits
*Tomato from Knitting Daily
I'm hunterjenn on Ravelry. Come find me!

hunterjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
zkimom
Working the Gusset

I'm right there with you on the exercise thing, hunterjenn! If I could only get myself back on my treadmill!

I did Nutrisystem a long time ago so I couldn't tell you how they are now in terms of cost but I do know that once you start eating real food again is when you have the problems.

IMO, Weight Watchers is a better deal.

Actually the thing I'm trying right now is the Real Age thing like Oprah had featured -- Dr. Oz is pretty right on.

Check him out at www.realage.com

There is very good advice and a 2 week plan you can follow.

I'm trying to wrap my my around trying it now too.

If I could only stop eating ice cream at night

Oh, the holiday stress!

Good luck,
Susan

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #4
feminine_earth
Knitting the Flap

Curves!
My mom and I joined Curves about three months ago. It was the best decision we ever made. I haven't lost much weight because I don't stick to a diet, but I lost almost 10 inches and my energy is through the roof! I am 100% convinced that joining Curves (and therefore, exercising three times a week) cured my mild depression. I've got more confidence now than I've ever had, and I made new friends. Even though I sometimes don't really wanna go after a long day at work, I'm so happy after I do go. You should definitely check into it, because diet alone is not enough...exercise is the key.

Good luck!

On the Needles: Too many UFO's!
On the Nightstand: The Mists of Avalon and a variety of midwifery texts.

feminine_earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by zkimom
I did Nutrisystem a long time ago so I couldn't tell you how they are now in terms of cost but I do know that once you start eating real food again is when you have the problems.
My husband lost 75 pounds on Nutrisystem and then after stopping, it slowly all came back. He had much better luck with just cutting calories and watching his carbs. He eliminated potatoes, pasta, rice and soda,and has had more success with this in losing and keeping it off.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #6
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Re: Curves!
Originally Posted by feminine_earth
My mom and I joined Curves about three months ago. It was the best decision we ever made. I haven't lost much weight because I don't stick to a diet, but I lost almost 10 inches and my energy is through the roof! I am 100% convinced that joining Curves (and therefore, exercising three times a week) cured my mild depression. I've got more confidence now than I've ever had, and I made new friends. Even though I sometimes don't really wanna go after a long day at work, I'm so happy after I do go. You should definitely check into it, because diet alone is not enough...exercise is the key.

Good luck!
Um... isn't curves just for women?

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #7
knit-errant
Knitting the Flap

I went on Meridia. You do have to meet BMI requirements and/or blood pressure ones/cholesterol/diabetes, if I remember correctly. I didn't meet the BMI requirement of 30+, but I did have pretty high blood pressure.

It runs about $90/bottle; I joked that it essentially caused chemically induced anorexia. I ended up losing about 50 pounds in about 5-6 months (went from a 14 to a 4), and I've had pretty good luck at keeping it off. I have about 5-10lbs that continually reappear and disappear depending on the time of the month.

My husband said that I acted really nervous about the first month or so on it, but after that things evened out. Overall, I was pretty pleased with it.
knit-errant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #8
Webigail
1st Leg of the Journey

I tried Nutrisystem a while back. I agree, the portions are TINY!!

However, I was in the gym, twice a day. I lost 20 pounds in a month, had more muscle and looked great. I attribute most of the success to smaller portions (not NS) and just working out.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #9
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

You can get the same results as NS by just buying Lean Cuisine or Health Choice. I did that a few years ago and dropped 16 pounds. It's all about portion control and exercise.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #10
ctmax
Knitting the Flap

Before My last son was born I had been a member of Curves for about 2 years never lost any weight, but ended up losing 56 inches. They kept telling me I wasn't losing weight because muscle weighs more than fat. I was sooo happy with the results. I really enjoyed going as well I loved talking to all the other ladies. As soon as my youngest is in preschool I plan on rejoinging. It was about $100 to sign up although if I remember correctly I think that was some sort of deal and then it was $45 a month. That is in Canadian dollers.
ctmax is offline   Reply With Quote