Old 12-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
Tamar Dohel
Knitting the Flap

Entrelac in garter stitch
I'm trying to do this dishcloth but it's just not working for me
http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/2...dishcloth.html

Where am I going wrong? I've done the first 3 base triangles and increasing triangle fine. Now I can't seem to get the first square right. I'm using this site http://flickr.com/photos/crafty_cat/...7594222116897/ to help me but I think that I'm missing something somewhere because I can't get the yarn to end at the right place. Am I supposed to break it off and start again at a different place?

Thanks for your help.
Tamar
Tamar Dohel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
dplantlady
Knitting the Flap

Tamar,

I've been making washcloths, too, and I've wanted to try entrelac anyway, so I've worked through up to where you're stuck.

What you're doing after the (side) increasing triangle is making a square to fill in the space between the 2nd and 3rd triangles on the "row" below.

I've made a small drawing that I'll send you. Note the arrows. The top arrow indicates where you are when you complete the directions for the increasing side triangle. The bottom arrow indicates where you're going. So, you're picking up the stitches along the left side of the third base triangle.

Hope this helps.

Diane

P.S. No breaking thread required (here, anyway...)

P.P.S. Once you pick up the 8 stitches & turn & knit back, each time you K7 and do the SKP, you're picking up another stitch from the right edge of the second triangle from the row below, connecting it to the rest of the piece. Pretty cool, this entrelac... xxx

Recently Finished Projects: 2 felted mobius cat baskets, MANY Lace Washcloths, The Magic Scarf from HELL, 6 Knitted Lace XMas Balls in crochet thread, Lace XMas Ball in mohair, 4 Initialed Washcloths, 2 Lacy Soap Socks (1 knit, 1 crochet), 2 Seamless Rectangle Snuggles (one outside in, one inside out), XMas Tree Illusion Snuggle, 3 scarves for presents, Fisherman Knit Snuggle, Turkish Stitch String Bag, Wheelie Steering Wheel Cover, Moebius Cat Basket, 9 Snuggles, Preemie Hats, Sandy's (Felted) Cat Basket
dplantlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
That looks neat! I'll have to give it a try!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:03 AM   #4
Tamar Dohel
Knitting the Flap

I did it!

I got past my first square and went on to knit the second one successfully!!!

How? I followed the picture using the pattern: "K 8, turn, K 7, SKP, turn" which ment that I ended up doing: K7, skp, turn, k8.

Also used the help of this site:
http://wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/in...relac_express/

Enjoy.
Tamar
Tamar Dohel is offline   Reply With Quote