Old 12-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
2 malabrigo questions - color and pilling
hi!

anyone make anything out of their lime blue colorway? I'm curious how the colors splash. I'm sure I would do the changing hanks every 2 rows, but outside of that... I'd love to see a swatch or something.

second thing, I have only been using malabrigo a short time and nothing really wearable that needs lots of washing, so i haven't experienced much pilling, but i read a comment somewhere that said it's pretty bad in that department... so bad a sweater is a bad idea? that's the million dollar question.

thanks! hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-25-2006, 11:23 PM   #2
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
Well I am not sure how helpful this will be as I don't know what pattern they use to dye the lime blue but here is how the Curacao knitted up.

I haven't had any issues really with pilling but i haven't knitted anything to be worn but for those. and those haven't been worn enough yet to pill
Old 12-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
that actually does give me a good idea, thank you! did you do the alternating hanks for that one? those are precious!!!!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
Old 12-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

nope that is one hank. thanks for saying they are cute :D
Old 12-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #5
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

gotcha, thanks, and you're welcome I LOVE the drawstring too.

Old 12-25-2006, 11:33 PM   #6
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE I cord?

I have been told they look cute on too but I am waiting for pictures...I actually expect they will be in my inbox tomorrow....lol
Old 12-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #7
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

i can tolerate it for about 2 inches myself. i hope you'll be posting modeled pics!