Old 12-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #11
candy
Turning the Heel

wrong side dec
I am just curious as to why you said to purl into the back loops when doing a P2tog? Does that do something different than P2tog into the front loops? Would a pattern tell you which one they want?
candy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #12
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Re: wrong side dec
Originally Posted by candy
I am just curious as to why you said to purl into the back loops when doing a P2tog? Does that do something different than P2tog into the front loops? Would a pattern tell you which one they want?
I was explaining SSP, not p2tog. (P2tog tbl is part of SSP.)

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #13
candy
Turning the Heel

dec wrong side
OK, I get it, which way does P2tog slant? Amy.s video does not say and does not have a pic of which way it slants. The ssp slants left does that make the P2tog slant right?
candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #14
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Re: dec wrong side
Originally Posted by candy
OK, I get it, which way does P2tog slant? Amy.s video does not say and does not have a pic of which way it slants. The ssp slants left does that make the P2tog slant right?
I'm looking this up because I don't know off hand... okay... it looks like p2tog is right-slanting and SSP is left-slanting -- I believe this describes the direction of the slant as it shows up on the knit side rather than the purl side, i.e., the "public side" rather than the side you happen to be doing the decrease on. When it doubt, try it out and see what happens.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:24 PM   #15
LeeLee
Ribbing the Cuff

Oops
Just to let you know, regarding my above "short row" advice. I actually did post to wrong question. I have no idea how I screwed that up. So very sorry if I misled. Truly
Lee Lee
LeeLee is offline   Reply With Quote