Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 PM   #1
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Schaefer Anne Sock Yarn
Happy Holidays everyone
Hope ya'll are having an outstanding holiday season...we certainly are here!
Okay, I have a question concerning Schaefer Anne sock yarn. As you can read here, it states,
"Content: 60% Superwash merino wool, 25% Mohair, 15% Nylon
Gauge: 7-8 sts= 1" on US #0 or #1
Care: Hand or machine wash"
Here in lies my question....have any of you machine washed your Schaefer Anne socks, and if so...with what kind of success? I'm asking because these will be for my husband (yes, he's very special and worth such yummy socks...ya'll know that ) and I don't mind drying them on sock blockers but I don't want to hand wash such socks for him. And, he, I think, will be putting more wear and tear on these socks than a woman would, does your experience tell you that these socks will hold up to it?!
Thank you, your help and all of your advice is greatly appreciated!
We just got in not too terribly long ago from our 1st leg (no pun intended ) of vacation and I could NOT find the sock yarn that I want for Lonnie...I mean, I want to make him some yummy socks! I have a couple others to order, but these would be such a special addition...BUT, not if they are not machine wash. Anywho....let me know what ya'll think about this yarn, palease.
And....if I get the chance I will get pics of all of the KNITTY GOODIES that I got for Christmas in the next few days and will post them on my blog and will let you know.
Sidebar.....Praise God My hip/leg have done amazingly well during the traveling and vacationing in general
to you all!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-01-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
kimmie
Turning the Heel

I LOVE my Schaefer Anne socks! I have machine washed and dried them and they came out great. Granted, I've only washed them 2 or 3 times, but all is well so far. It's currently my favorite sock yarn.
kimmie
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:36 AM   #3
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

OH, kimmie, you have MADE MY YEAR!!!!! Then that will be one of the sock yarns that I get for Lonnie (one for me, too!)....then a few balls of Meilenweit, (ahhhh, and let's not forget the sock yarn I got from DivaKnitting) and that should have Lonnie's sock yarn covered for a little while...thanks so much

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
Deeknit
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Deeknit
Becka, it's so good to hear from you....Hope your vacation was fun. We can't wait to see pics.
www.deeknitter.blogspot.com
Deeknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
losnana
Working the Gusset

Becka, I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well. Hope you had a wonderful holiday and continue to improve. Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #6
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Hello My Knitty Friends
The 1st part of our vacation was great and we are still right in the middle of it, too....haven't decided if we are going out of town anymore or going to hang out together, etc....it's all still up in the air....today, obviously, was a day of rest!
OH, I can't wait for a clear day so that I can show you my Knitty Christmas goodies, both from my bud Amy and my Honey Lonnie! And, tomorrow I am ordering the rest of my Christmas yarn....1 hank of Schaefer Anne for me and with the remainder of my Christmas $ it will be sock yarn for Lonnie...yummies like his very own Schaefer and a couple of yummy
Meillenweit
colors for him....I will be doing a great deal of socknitting for my honey just as soon as the knitting that is already planned and expected is completed...I'm so excited about it because he asked me to knit a wardrobe of socks for him Almost forgot, got Henry's Attic sock yarn from DivaKnitting for Lonnie so we will have fun dyeing yarn and, as a said...socknitting fun will be in the air
Happy New Year All

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!