Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
Finnegan
Casting On

knitting store in Stamford
Hi ladies,
Just wanted to let you know that the yarn store in Stamford, Knit Together, is going out of business. They started a big sale today (1/31). They are on High Ridge Road a mile or so south of the Merritt Parkway. Also, if you make a field trip to Stamford, there is a nice, but small, yarn shop in Greenwich on Mason St.

Happy Knitting!
Finnegan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #12
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Thanks for posting that -- I am so there!!! I hope there's something left

Best,
Susan

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #13
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Ok, I went.

The damage is pictured below.

The sale prices were not that great. I can get most of what I got online for about the same price. I think that's why I didn't buy more.

It is sad to see a yarn store go out of business.

Best,
Susan
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	stash_530.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	35948  

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 AM   #14
lemur
Casting On

Stamford stash
Ooooo Susan,

What is the purple yarn on the right side of your picture?

Lisa
lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #15
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Re: Stamford stash
Originally Posted by lemur
Ooooo Susan,

What is the purple yarn on the right side of your picture?

Lisa
It's Cascade 220 -- ain't it purty?? It's not quite as purple as it appears on my monitor.

Can't wait to see what it wants to be when it grows up

Best,
Susan

--Elwood P. Dodd
Old 02-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #16
topfuziel
Casting On

from Brookfield
Hi...I live in Brookfield. No one has mentioned The Village Sheep, up in New Milford on Rte 202. It's just opposite The Silo. I haven't been inside, but they have a beautiful website.
I've been going to A Stitch in Time in Bethel, too. I just starting knitting and took a beginner's class there. They've been very helpful. My mom is a "pro," but refused to teach me! (I think the fact that I'm a lefty scared her!)
topfuziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 AM   #17
panthergirl
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to panthergirl
Re: knitting store in Stamford
I probably missed the sale in Stamford, but wanted to say that the Greenwich store (The Knitting Niche) is gorgeous and their selection is absolutely amazing. They will also help you with anything you want to make.

I equate it to an opium den. I can't stay away!

Originally Posted by Finnegan
Hi ladies,
Just wanted to let you know that the yarn store in Stamford, Knit Together, is going out of business. They started a big sale today (1/31). They are on High Ridge Road a mile or so south of the Merritt Parkway. Also, if you make a field trip to Stamford, there is a nice, but small, yarn shop in Greenwich on Mason St.

Happy Knitting!
panthergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #18
panthergirl
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to panthergirl
Also wanted to say that I live in Vista NY, between New Canaan and Ridgefield CT, so that would qualify as "CT area"!

I work in Greenwich.

I'm just making my first non-scarf project, a baby bolero, pictured here. I've got the back and two front panels done, just working on the short sleeves. I think I made a few boo-boos here and there, but hopefully they won't show! We'll see when I go to put everything together...
panthergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:51 PM   #19
nutterknitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello from New Canaan, CT
Hi!
I live in New Canaan, CT (near Stamford) and have been knitting for 2 years or so--hate to admit that because I am still a beginner! I took lessons with my daughter (16) but she has not got the knit bug yet-never finished her first project! I did finally start purling and am now doing a project that is going to take me the rest of my life--a shawl in a rib pattern
Our LYS is closing (Knit Together in Stamford) and so I have to find another place to go for questions and help. Knitting Central, in Westport, is not too far.
Hope to find all the CT knitters.
Nutterknitter (Linda)
nutterknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #20
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Hi all!

Panthergirl, I went to the yarn sale at the Stamford store and have to say that I could get most of the yarn online at plces like Little Knits or Webs for the same amount of money as their sale prices (which is probably a big reason for them having to close.) I did score big with patterns. They were on sale for about $2 to $2.50 a pattern and I picked up a bunch.

Nutterknitter -- I love the selection at Knitting Central but I don't get there often cause I'm closer to A Stitch in Time in Bethel and Nancy O's in Ridgefield. Have you ever been to Nancy's? She has a small shop but also a great selection. Although she won't carry Malabrigo and thinks that the Manos is just as soft. In that way, she is a philistine.

We are pretty lucky with so many yarn stores in the state! I haven't hit any of the Westchester stores yet. I heard there are stores in Bedford and Katonah -- Panther, ever been to them?

Best to all,
Susan

--Elwood P. Dodd