Old 01-02-2007, 02:56 AM   #1
cookworm
Working the Gusset

Patons "Rumor" yarn
Has anybody knitted with Paton's "Rumor" yarn? I spied it at the store today, and when I touched it, it was SO SOFT!!!! It's a bulky yarn (12 sts x 17 rows = 4" on size 10's)--a blend of 84% acrylic, 1% polyester, and 15% alpaca. (mmmmm........al-pac-a.....! )

I was just wondering how it knitted up. I saw mixed reviews on line, but I bought a skein anyway and decided that if it didn't knit up nicely, I only blew a few dollars (I've wasted money on dumber things than yarn! )
Attached Images:

I'm on flickr, too!
I love to knit shawls...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls!
cookworm is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Chrissie
Knitting the Flap

I'm making a scarf with it right now....it is SO soft. I swatched it on 10.5 and the fabric was too tight IMO to really showcase the soft squishiness of the yarn. I'm combining it with other yarns and knitting a scarf on 15s...you might want to try 11s or 13s first to get a loose fabric.
Tuscany from NSFY in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool - it's working up beautifully.
Montego Bay Scarf from Summer 07 IK Knits in Sea Silk - an indulgent knit
Chrissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
cara
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to cara
Hi,

I knit a scarf for a friend with it on 6mm and should have used a bigger size. It did knit up nicely though either way. I did find the yarn splits a bit when picking up your stitches if you aren't careful, but perhaps that had more to do with me watching TV than the yarn...

hehe.

I LOVE the colorway you have chosen... I want something for me out of that!! yum!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	scarf_up_close_128.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	34951  
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
kschmitz
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm working on MagKnit's short row rib scarf with Rumor on US 10.5. Love the softness of the yarn, but it's going to shed like crazy (which I learned carrying the balls to the checkout wearing a black coat). But oh, well!
kschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
cookworm
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by kschmitz
I'm working on MagKnit's short row rib scarf with Rumor on US 10.5. Love the softness of the yarn, but it's going to shed like crazy (which I learned carrying the balls to the checkout wearing a black coat). But oh, well!
I noticed this too--at first, I thought maybe I got a skein that somebody had dropped on the floor or something...it had these really long sheds coming off of it. I read from others on line that this happens to be a characteristic of the yarn. It's a small deterrent for me I think because I really liked the yarn.

I'm on flickr, too!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:53 AM   #6
cookworm
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cara
I LOVE the colorway you have chosen... I want something for me out of that!! yum!!
Thanks Cara! I really liked it too. I only bought one skein because I wasn't sure how it would work up. I don't know what I'll do with it yet, but I'll put it to good use!

I'm on flickr, too!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
cara
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to cara
Originally Posted by cookworm
Thanks Cara! I really liked it too. I only bought one skein because I wasn't sure how it would work up. I don't know what I'll do with it yet, but I'll put it to good use!
Post a picture when you have it knitted up so I can see!!! I've been eyeballing it for some time now!