Old 01-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
Denise in Michigan
Turning the Heel

Knitting and crocheting in the news
From the 12/23 & 30, 2006, issue of Science News magazine:

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20061223/bob10.asp

Two of the mathematicians/crafters cited in the article are working on a book to be called "Making Mathematics with Needlework". It's due out this spring.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
horve1
Turning the Heel

Math is soooooooooooo not my thing, but that is some very cool knitting!
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote