Old 01-09-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Bunny
Casting On

Favourite scarf pattern ever
What is your favourite scarf pattern ever?

After kitting out my entire family in scarves I am now going to make one for myself - feels very decadent to be spending time and yarn on myself!

I have a couple of absolute favourite patterns but don't want to make the same patterns again as I'm still learning and want to try new stuff.

This would have to be my all-time fave, I have made it three times in the last two months! It rocks - reversible, cool design and super fast to knit, plus looks great in any gauge: http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archiv...pun_scarf.html

This was my first attempt at lace, very easy, very fast and looked so nice curling in on itself that I didn't block it! http://www.mielkesfarm.com/oldshale.htm

Any great pattern suggestions gratefully received!!
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
Yarnlady
Turning the Heel

I have one on my blog on the January 7th entry. I like it cuz it's relatively conservative, but could be dressed up or punked out with the yarn used.

Yarnlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

I'm kinda picky about my scarves too. :( I can never find one I like. I usually end up doing some sort of ribbing because it's reversible. Lately I've done the Scrunchable Scarf, but I really like My So Called Scarf if only it were reversible...

Originally Posted by Yarnlady
I have one on my blog on the January 7th entry. I like it cuz it's relatively conservative, but could be dressed up or punked out with the yarn used.
Do you have any pictures of the grey scarf? I'm at work and can't swatch it up to see what the pattern looks like.

Finished '07:
scrunchable scarf,kitty pi, ribbed hat for a newborn, garter stitch rib socks, grandma's favorite washcloths (3), monkey socks, FT clogs, Saturday Market Bag, Pomatomus
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
I think this one seems to be my favorite. Mostly because i can knit about 2 feet of scarf and end up with a six foot scarf!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
Bunny
Casting On

Cool, thanks guys!

I like all those.

Yarnlady what does your scarf look like? Would be awesome if you have any pics!

Thanks again
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote