Old 01-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
knitpeachy
Casting On

Hey projectgal
Well nice to meet ya neighbor! Maybe we should start a snb of 2? I work from home so I'm rather flexible on when I can go to a class or snb. Just most get togethers I've seen are doing them on Thursday night and there's NO WAY I'm giving up my Greys' LOL
knitpeachy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
projectgal
1st Leg of the Journey

Maybe the morning of Tuesday, February 13th? Maybe at the Hiram Starbucks in front of Michael's?

Anyone else care to join us?

projectgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #13
Ethansmom0729
Casting On

Hey ya'll! I live in Alpharetta and I am a brand new knitter. I am taking a knitting class with a friend at our LYS here in Alpharetta. I would love to chat with some other knitters here in Atlanta.

Susie
Ethansmom0729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #14
knitpeachy
Casting On

You're on!
Hey projectgal...I'll be happy to meetup on the 13th...just need a time, again I'm flexible.

Anyone else wanna come?

And welcome Susie! I'm a new knitter too and I'm just a bustin' to yak with other knitters. I finished my test set of socks and just bought some yummy sock yarn today. I also raided the Hobby Lobby in Carrollton (closest to my house) for a bunch of dpns at 50% off If you have a Hobby Lobby near ya you may want to stop by this week, all their knitting goodies are on sale. Man I wish this was a pay week

Sherrie
knitpeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #15
Ethansmom0729
Casting On

Hey Sherri!! I am really wanting to chat with some knitters too. But, when I say beginner, I mean SUPER beginner. I just learned the purl stitch this week. I feel so completely inadequate when I look at all these beautiful things folks here have knitted. That is so cool that you have already knitted socks!! Wow!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #16
projectgal
1st Leg of the Journey

What about meeting at 9:30? That will give me enough time to drop off the kiddos.

And Susie, just remember beginning knitting is how most of us found this site. I just learned to knit last January, and watching Amy's videos (over and over again) was how I learned. We all started with the same two stitches! Just give it some time, you'll be addicted with the rest of us!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #17
ILuvCows
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to ILuvCows
New knitter,Woodstock,Ga.
Hey Ga. knitters. I'm new here. I was on the HGTV message boards and was told about KnittingHelp.com I fell in love instantly.. I am new to knitting. Actually I haven't knitted anything yet so I am getting excited about starting. There is a place here in Woodstock that is called TheWholeNineYarns..I think that's how it is spelled. They have a knit night but I haven't been yet. They just recently started a knit mornings on Tuesday's that I'd like to try one day.
I am a mother of 4 and a homemaker. I like to quilt and dabble in all other crafts.
Anyway, I just wanted to say Hello and see if there is anyone close by.
Jenny
ILuvCows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #18
Ethansmom0729
Casting On

Hey Jenny!! I am a brand new knitter too. I live in Alpharetta which isn't too far from Woodstock. My LYS is Only Ewe and Cotton Too. I am a SAHM too, so if you want to chat, PM me and I'll give you my email. Look forward to hearing from you.

Susie
Old 02-03-2007, 01:43 PM   #19
jrhtwirl
Casting On

Hello ladies. I just found this board and was thrilled to see that there are knitters in my area!

I'm another "westside" knitter located in the Hiram/Douglasville/Powder Springs area.
jrhtwirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #20
projectgal
1st Leg of the Journey

Sorry, but I have to change plans. I was placed with a tough decision today: knitting and coffee or my son's opthamologist's appointment. I did the grown up thing and scheduled the opthamologist, but it was tough!

So, what about the 27th at 9:30?