Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 AM   #21
zip

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
My patterns are on the way!!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #22
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
I saw a free pattern online that I think looks similar. Am I right?
http://megan.kiwi.gen.nz/BabyJacket/
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #23
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
It's similar, but not made quite the same. The BS sweater doesn't have gradual shaping at the underarms. There's a good picture of it at the KAL website. This
page shows how it comes together.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #24
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
I got my patterns today! I have so much stash yarn around here I think I'll just give it a try with that to work things out an then if I like it make another in better yarn. OH and I'm going to finish the rest of my sock (almost done) then I'll start.

You ready, Zip? Anyone else?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:17 AM   #25
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Jan, am I right in remembering that your husband is a firefighter? I'm asking because Zip talked about a big fire in her KH blog. I was wondering if your hubby was there.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:49 AM   #26
zip

I got my patterns today! I have so much stash yarn around here I think I'll just give it a try with that to work things out an then if I like it make another in better yarn. OH and I'm going to finish the rest of my sock (almost done) then I'll start.

You ready, Zip? Anyone else?
I must buy yarn! Unless I use some acrylic baby yarn that I have stowed in the cedar chest. Do you think it would work for a first effort? I'm such a novice, despite my long exposure to the craft.

It just hit me that you're in the same part of the country that I am. I have to wonder how close we are.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:16 AM   #27
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by zip
I must buy yarn! Unless I use some acrylic baby yarn that I have stowed in the cedar chest. Do you think it would work for a first effort? I'm such a novice, despite my long exposure to the craft.

It just hit me that you're in the same part of the country that I am. I have to wonder how close we are.
The only thing that would happen if you use the baby yarn is it would be a lot smaller. Unless you are knitting for someone specific then it probably doesn't matter. I just donate things I practice with. In fact I donate almost everything I make.

I'm in south Orange County.. Laguna Hills. Where are you?

Sandy, my DH is retired, but yes, he was a firefighter in Newport Beach for almost 30yrs.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 01-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #28
zip

The only thing that would happen if you use the baby yarn is it would be a lot smaller. Unless you are knitting for someone specific then it probably doesn't matter. I just donate things I practice with. In fact I donate almost everything I make.

I'm in south Orange County.. Laguna Hills. Where are you?

Sandy, my DH is retired, but yes, he was a firefighter in Newport Beach for almost 30yrs.
Smaller woudn't be good. The grandbaby is almost four months old already. I have some red, white and navy yarn, which is perfect, as both his parents are Patriot fans. It'll just be a first effort, for him to wear during the off-season.

I'm in north San Diego county, less than a hundred miles from you. We must set up an in person knit-along! After tax season. Maybe when J plans a trip to see the Angels this summer. Baseball bores me, so a ticket for me is purely for people watching.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #29
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Depends on what weight the baby yarn is. If it's fingering/sock weight, you'd have to make it larger. If it's close to a worsted weight, you could use needles a size or two larger and it should come out okay. If it's too big, the kid will grow. Fast.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #30
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I looked at the pattern and while it doesn't seem hard it is a little bit confusing. I can't figure out how to join the yahoo group. I don't see a join link anywhere.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~