Old 01-13-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
redwitch
Working the Gusset

How to buy file online from Knitpicks?
Hi all

I recently tried to buy a pattern electronically from Knitpicks (the Kimono-Style Sweater). The order wouldn't go through - it required me to post a U.S. shipping address (I'm a Kiwi). I assumed this was because I was on the wrong page, it thought I wanted to buy a paper pattern sent to me in the post. I sent a message to Knitpicks, and a helpful woman said that they were working around the requirement for a U.S. address for electronic downloads.
I said, are you telling me that I wasn't on the wrong page, it's just that the address requirement is inappropriately used? If that's the case, can't I just make up an address but purchase the file electronically, and download it as usual?
She said yes and conveniently gave me a fake U.S. address complete with zip code.

I'm not sure how much of this was useful to you... but now I am getting charged for shipping at the virtual checkout when I go to make the purchase. Clearly I am on the page to buy paper patterns shipped to me physically (at a nonexistent address). I can't find the page where I go to buy files I download instantly. Can anyone help me? What link do I need to follow?
Apologies, I'm sure it's somewhere obvious to most other people.

Thank you all!

Sarah
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
Angelia

Hmm...I can understand that they'd need a billing address that matches the address on your credit card, but you shouldn't be charged for shipping when you're buying a downloadable pattern. I recently bought the Emma Jacket, and I was not charged shipping for it (at least not that I can tell).

When I bought the jacket, there were two versions of the pattern for me to choose, electronic and paper. Are you given two versions when you pick the pattern?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
redwitch
Working the Gusset

The Customer Service woman I spoke to suggested a certain fake address... and my 'credit card' is not that kind of card, it's kind of... prepaid. My total at the virtual checkout includes a shipping cost, so I assume I am on a page for physical/hard copy patterns.
Apart from the fact that I don't want to pay extra shipping for a download, I won't receive the pattern - it will probably go to the fake U.S. address in the mail.
Does anyone else have this problem getting to the downloads page (as opposed to the mail-order patterns page?)

Sarah
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
The electronic downloads are new for them, so they may have a few bugs to work out. Email them and see what they can do.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote