Old 01-13-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
Pem
Casting On

I need help with a pattern
I am confused with this pattern (and sometimes generally too ). the pattern is *k1 below* there is no explanation for this and I wonder if anyone can tell me what to do. The M1 stitch is used earlier in the pattern ie make one stitch by picking up thread before the next stitch and knit tbs. Any advice would be really appreciated. I don't know if this makes any difference but the pattern I'm using is English.
Best wishes to all Pem
Pem is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

I believe that the video abbreviated k-b on this page is what you're looking for.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
Pem
Casting On

Hi and thank you knitqueen, I've just watched the video clip and that was how I did the stitch. I've taken up knitting again after a 25 year break and I'm knitting an aran jumper. It's an old pattern that I used for my daughter and now I am using it for my Grandson. It's a sort of honeycomb pattern and it worked for part of the way and then I must have started knitting out of sequence, so I'll do some unpicking. I'm sure all I knew will come back to me if it doesn't I'm having fun and rediscovereing how relaxing knitting is.
Many thanks
Pem
Pem is offline   Reply With Quote