Old 03-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #11
Hsiaokuo62
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Hsiaokuo62
great!
That's great, Dee! I know we will be there for several days. I will keep you posted on the details as they work themselves out!!

OTN: socks for DS almost done.
Hsiaokuo62 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #12
Ali
Ribbing the Cuff

Another Aussie
I live in Melbourne!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:51 AM   #13
five_six
Turning the Heel

I used to live in Melbourne... my DH's family is down there.

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
Hsiaokuo62
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Hsiaokuo62
Hi !
Hi Ali!

Sorry it took me so long to respond - I have been so swamped with my e-mail!

Please tell me if there are any neat knitting/yarn shops there. We will probably visit a sheep-shearing activity around Brisbane.

If you send me your phone number I can call you when we are in Melbourne! We are only there for a couple of days.

Cheers!
Laura

OTN: socks for DS almost done.
Hsiaokuo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #15
five_six
Turning the Heel

well I've been researching the LYS thing in Brissy for you, as I've never located one myself so far, and have just been using Spotlight/Lincraft type stores (generic all purpose any craft type stores), but it's looking grim. I might have to open one for you

I think visiting a farm would be an awesome idea... I've been wanting to do that myself, but am afraid it would just start a foray into spinning and I have no time at all as it is!!

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
Old 04-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #16
coffeegirl
Casting On

Hi everyone I'm Michelle, thanks to five_six for inviting me to say hi.

I'm from Melbourne, 34yo SAHM to a 5yo. I haven't knitted in about 24 years, since I was a lot younger and used to stay with my Nan on school holidays. We used to knit together. She was my savior and did all the hard stuff for me like casting on and off, fixing mistakes etc. Good old Nan to the rescue but since she is no longer here it's all up to me but I've been learning well with the help of the Internet videos !!! I saw some feathers int he shops recently and decided how nice it would be to make my DD a scarf so my knitting venture has re-commenced from there.

Since I have started this knitting craze I have remembered the time we packed up my Nan's house when she went into a Nursing Home. There was a huge bag of needles, hooks etc. and an even bigger one of yarn. As she no longer knitted at that point and it was certainly something that didn't interest me back then, it all got sent to the Op Shop :crying: So whilst I am out buying needles I can't help but wish I had all hers. They are cheap enough to buy, it's not that, more how cool would it be to be using Needles that belonged to your Nan .. imagine the history

Anyway looking forward to getting more involved in knitting and getting to know some others.
Michelle
coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #17
m0nigrrl
Casting On

Hi, I'm in Sydney. I'm just learning to knit too and I've been busily knitting away trying to cover my 1 year old daughter's cloth bum with cool knitted soakers and longies. I am a studying SAHM and even though I haven't been knitting for long. I am already addicted . I'm excited because tonight I have two friends coming over for a knitting night , I can't wait. Do any of you have knitting blogs? I'm starting one as soon as I get a chance and I'd love to look at some others. I look forward to getting to know you all.
m0nigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #18
five_six
Turning the Heel

Hi m0nigrrl, how fun for you... I wish i knew other knitters so they could come round to my house!!

Old 04-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #19
tarrentella
Working the Gusset

YAY!!

Im in the UK at the moment, but am moving over your way at the end of the year. My mum lives in Manly (just north of Sydney) and i will be spending a couple of months there before moving down to Canberra in Feb to go to uni. People keep saying 'you won't be able to knit over there, its too hot' and i have to keep reminding them that, depending on where you are its not hot aaaal the time, and besides there are lightweihgt things you can knit.

Its just nice to see there are some people to back me up on this!

and to those who are based in or are visiting Brisbane, i absolutely love that city,i spent a little bit of time there last year, and im sure i saw a yarn shop in one of the suburbs. Il will rack my brain and try and remember where (or just give in and txt my mate, admit my new found knitting addiction, and see if he can dig it out!)

I am Tarriknits on Ravelry

This is my not necassarily knitting related blog.
tarrentella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #20
m0nigrrl
Casting On

This thread has dropped down the bottom of the page! How is everyone? What is everyone knitting at the moment? I'm knitting a pair of Jo Sharp cotton socks and a pair of longies for my daughter, I'm just trying to figure out short rows before I go any further with either of them.

tarrentella you'll be able to knit plenty to wear in Canberra, it get's pretty cold down there in winter. I'm actually super keen to buy up some bendigo woollen mills cotton and knit some summer tops. Hot weather won't stop me knitting!