Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #1001
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

woot! I almost jumped on that bandwagon myself Misha... but man ole man do I have enough needles in the knittin already!

The Knitting Barista

The Sheeps Tale

KnittingBarista on Ravelry
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #1002
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

I finished my basketweave afghan!
I finally finished the afghan! Been working on it since oct when I heard my friend was engaged, and I finished it with only one week to go!

it took almost 10 skeins of wool-ease, so I ordered 10 reward skeins from discountnamebrandyarn.com. After 8 months on the thing, I deserve the reward yarn!
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #1003
misha rf

I got them washed & blocked...and got so carried away with packing them up that I forgot to take pictures!

I'm working on afghan squares now for a new project (it's a group making afghans for the kids at Victory Junction Gang Camp). I bought the yarn just for these squares, and the LYS owner kindly gave me 10% off the purchase since the yarn was intended for charity. :happydancing:
Old 06-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #1004
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulderknitter View Post
I finally finished the afghan! Been working on it since oct when I heard my friend was engaged, and I finished it with only one week to go!

it took almost 10 skeins of wool-ease, so I ordered 10 reward skeins from discountnamebrandyarn.com. After 8 months on the thing, I deserve the reward yarn!

Hey there Mulder!!!

TOO WAY COOL! A basketweave blanket can be sooo challenging to get done! It just goes on and on forever! And TEN SKEINS worth!!??? Well, it was love that kept you motivated! You are a good friend!!! Thanks for posting the photo!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:38 AM   #1005
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Hi y'all!

Back from the wilderness...and back to LIFE!

Here are photos of 21 of my Crazy Quilt squares on the blocking board. Even though acrylic yarn does not enjoy the reputation for being "block-able"...it really does improve the appearance!

I have 15 additional squares that will get the 'treatment' tomorrow! They certainly need it!

I have another Crazy Quilt in mind...for another granddaughter. It will use up my purples/teals/pinks/fuschias/creams STASH YARN. All leftovers from this or that project.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1854.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	40747  

Artlady at Rav
Old 06-18-2007, 06:55 AM   #1006
Doodknitwit
Working the Gusset

a beauty in process
Old 06-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #1007
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Welcome home, ArtLady!! Wow! Your squares are beautiful!!!!!

Mulder, I didn't realize you used Wool-Ease for that afghan. It looks great!

Maybe I should unravel my hideous purse-for-an-Amazon-woman. It was made of the same color wool-ease...hmmm...

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 AM   #1008
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
Welcome home, ArtLady!! Wow! Your squares are beautiful!!!!!

Mulder, I didn't realize you used Wool-Ease for that afghan. It looks great!

Maybe I should unravel my hideous purse-for-an-Amazon-woman. It was made of the same color wool-ease...hmmm...
Hi Auburnchick! Hmmm, is that the beautiful cabled purse you posted photos of some time ago? I remember someone posting a photo of themselves with a beautiful cabled shoulder-style purse...but the shoulder straps turned out very long...well, too long for her...and we discussed various ways to remedy the purse!

Was that you??

Well, if it was you...and you still hate the bag...I say, go ahead and unravel your purse and re-use that beautiful yarn! No sense in going to waste. I did the same this year with a NORO tank I made. I unraveled it...and made a vest. Now I hate the vest...it is too long for me...so I am going to unravel it from the shoulders to almost the armpits...and re-knit a shorted version. Gads. Ya just can't win with some yarn! It was Stash Leftover Yarn, too. The original cardigan made with this yarn is WONDERFUL. The tank, the vest....ugh. I just can't seem to get it right. But, the yarn is too valuable to waste on something I hate. I feels yer pain!

Artlady at Rav
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM   #1009
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Well, I am getting real integrated with my Photo Posts! I kept tinkering around with that Photobucket thing...and finally got the hang of HOW TO insert a larger, more detailed photo...right into the body of my Posts...rather than the smaller, more limited photos we can add using the KH software.

So, here goes my attempt to insert a photo of my "wilderness knit-in", taken last week! Besides myself...the attendees were chipmunks, red tree squirrels, hummingbirds, mountain robins, a Western Tanager, and mountain chickadees, and Junkos. Yes, that is a cliff drop-off not too far away. Our main camp sits on the TOP of this summit. Nice, but very windy...and totally off-the-grid...and only accessible via snow machine or snowshoes in winter!

Artlady at Rav
Old 06-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #1010
madametj
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Hi Auburnchick! Hmmm, is that the beautiful cabled purse you posted photos of some time ago? I remember someone posting a photo of themselves with a beautiful cabled shoulder-style purse...but the shoulder straps turned out very long...well, too long for her...and we discussed various ways to remedy the purse!
yes, it was auburnchick and the sweater bag, i remember!

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote