Old 01-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #21
MarchingTwinkie3
Ribbing the Cuff

Sadly, I do not yet have a stash. But I do look forward to seeing what others will do with theirs!
MarchingTwinkie3 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #22
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

I'm in too!!! I have sooooooooooooooooo much yarn. almost as much as Ingy I'm going to try to incorporate stash-busting into more KALs this year, too.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #23
Emeraldcutie
Knitting the Flap

I was wondering, are we going to create a little icon/avatar for the stashies?
I would but unfortunatly Iam not very good at it
Emeraldcutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #24
lissalue
Instepping Out

i am so in, my dh says i buy too much yarn, and we have no money, so this will be a good idea for me. i have a small stash, but i am a slow knitter, so it will probably take all year to use it.

edited because i read the first post again which answered the stupid question previously posted here.

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #25
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Yesterday I finally made myself sit down and really start to work on my dh's socks.. I had CO before but that was all... ... they were suppose to be done for Christmas...

I've been kinda making a list of the projects I can do with my stash... are we going to keep track of this like in the KAL section with how everyone is doing.. or just keeping adding here? Wasn't sure what the game plan was..

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #26
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

you should start a stash busting Knit Along thread!!!

Finished '07:
scrunchable scarf,kitty pi, ribbed hat for a newborn, garter stitch rib socks, grandma's favorite washcloths (3), monkey socks, FT clogs, Saturday Market Bag, Pomatomus
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #27
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

I am totally in. The only project I have to buy yarn for is an auction piece I am knitting for school. They requested a certain type of yarn that I do not own. Other than that, it is ALL stash busting, all the time!
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #28
bip
Turning the Heel

By "every OTHER project" you mean projects other than those *I* am knitting, right?

My stash is totally out of control. I end up with at least 2 skeins of yarn after finishing every single project, and sometimes the yarn is too old to take back at that point (I'm not going to try to take back 6+ month old yarn!)

One step in the right direction is that I am wrapping up a baby blanket using some yarn my mom gave me (oh sure, foist your stash off onto me!) I have also gone through and picked out projects for much of the yarn in my stash, and the pattern is sitting in individual bags with the respective yarn. Unfortunately, for every project I start and finish, I dream up three more. I don't have many UFOs, just one at the moment, but I have a serious backlog in my queue!
bip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #29
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
Count me in. I took a bunch of my yarn to yarn group last week - for their swap - I was so thrilled to see some of my pretties go home with people who might actually use them in this lifetime. I did not come home empty handed - I was very pleased with my finds. (some sock yarn, enough lovely navy wool for a sweater!, some green wool for felting and a few funky needles!).

One question. Does sock yarn count?

http://knittykittyworld.blogspot.com/
Ravelry - I am Suegene
OTN : Dream in Color Smooshy Monkeys, Block a month afghan (on block 11)
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #30
Mrs. Columbo

Originally Posted by kitkat

One question. Does sock yarn count?
I think sock yarn should count .. I am still trying to understand that mystery of life known as "that-multicolored-sock yarn-that-knits-up-with-stripes-or-pattern-no-matter-what-you-knit".

Toby