Old 02-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #501
Lady M
1st Leg of the Journey

I jsut wanted to stop in tonight and say hellp to all of you "Stashies". I have seen some beautiful projects that you all have completed and are working on. It is so inspiring to know that I have you all here helping and encouraging me to knit my stash up. I even checked out the one skein pattern thread in the patterns section and found some wonderful projects that didn't take a lot of yarn, so they are great for those leftovers, half sized balls of yarn that get tossed or stored forever in the leftover junk bins.

I what to say Thank You to everyone here for the motivation and help when I need a question answered or a pep talk when I am feeling over whelmed about my knitting. I read all of your post and I am celebrating each sucess with you. It is good to be where the people really care and answer your questions.

Well back to knitting tonight for me. I have 3 projects ready to come off the needles tonight and I will post them as soon as I can get the pictures taken. This will leave me with 3 projects on the needles to complete and I will have all of my UFO's finished. All of these projects are knit from my stash and that makes me feel wonderful

Have a great day and I will check back soon with some pictures too....=)
Lady M is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #502
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

I am so glad we all support each other in this....
I have made a lot of progress on one of my stash busting projects...I'll post the picture on my blog tomorrow. I am super excited to see how this gift project turns out. I combined a few different patterns and I think it worked! yay!!!!! I am always nervous doing that.

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:40 AM   #503
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Here is an interesting scarf pattern for using oddball yarn! Kinda cool for a kid, too! A fun look! Zippy! Endless possibilities! And quick!

http://knittingonthenet.com/patterns/scarfoddball.htm

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:42 AM   #504
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Here is an interesting scarf pattern for using oddball yarn! Kinda cool for a kid, too! A fun look! Zippy! Endless possibilities! And quick!

http://knittingonthenet.com/patterns/scarfoddball.htm

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #505
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

All I need to do is sew (one half!)
I have one half of the wristwarmers for my brother's girlfriend ready to be sewn up and finished! I know she loves alpaca, so I got her some knitpicks alpaca and am making these and a clapotis for her. I haven't been able to start the clapotis because I don't know how big her head is yet, but these projects are stash busters for sure. The pictures of the wristwarmer is on my blog if you want to see. I am so excited for these and might make myself some as well as a stashbuster. I love them!

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:49 PM   #506
madametj
Working the Gusset

hi stashies! if u'd like your "Year of the Stash 2007" icon to link to this thread, copy and paste the following to your signature and delete the spaces:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24933 ] [img] http://www.century-oak.com/emotes/stashie.jpg [/img] [/url]

Happy knitting! xxx

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:37 AM   #507
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by Lady M
I even checked out the one skein pattern thread in the patterns section and found some wonderful projects that didn't take a lot of yarn, so they are great for those leftovers, half sized balls of yarn that get tossed or stored forever in the leftover junk bins.
Oooo ... I haven't seen this!! Thanks ...

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #508
kellyh57
Turning the Heel

I'm still here. I've been in a slump lately. I did 2 scarves from some Jiffy Thick N Quick. (Got it on clearance before Christmas) I was going to make gifts, but couldn't come up with any ideas/recipients, so I'll send the to a charity one of these days.

Then, I started in on my TNQ afghan. It was also a clearance buy, but I realized I didn't have enough so I had to buy more at regular price. It was going to be for my aunt but my mom saw the new room and it wasn't the colors she told us. (I found another yarn that went great and she loved the afghan!) This yarn goes great in my living room, so I've been trying to do something for myself. I've started and frogged the whole thing at least 3 times. I just can't find a pattern that works with such thick yarn! I have it OTN now, but haven't touched it in a week because I'm so discouraged.

I'm almost finished with my "van" project- a dishcloth. I like to have something to do when my husband is driving or I'm waiting for my son at preschool I'm looking for more ideas to use up all this S&C. I'm sick of dishcloths and I'm on the last ball that matches my kitchen.

I've also got another afghan for myself (yes, more clearnce yarn) OTN. I did have to buy more yarn to do it. I'm striping it so I didn't have to worry about matching. I waited for a sale, finished 2 LARGE balls (TNQ) and started it right away. I wasn't going to get rid of the other stuff any other way anyway

Kelly
Old 03-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #509
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Well I've broke one of New Year's Resolutions I told myself no more multiple projects.. one main one and one to tote around... I was doing so good.. right now I have 3 socks on dpns with only one finished waiting for its match a baby afghan.. and dishrag...

I really don't know how it even happened... I had one sock CO and the baby afghan and then

However, I can say its all stash busting nothing new

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #510
HeatherFeather
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherFeather
HI!!!!!!!!!!

I've been busily knitting.

I got RID of 2 cases of yarn and a garbage bag.

Plus I'm doing the one stitch baby sweater on Lion Brand just to have a baby sweater to either sell or give away. It'll go on my website.

I just contracted to do 2 muffs for a friend's grandaughters...with that fun fur!!! lol...but I didn't buy the fun fur...and I told her that I'll use my stash yarn for the "body" of the yarn. Gramma's was purchased yarn, but it was for a gift. And not much is left over actually.

I'm in Yarn Monkey's knit off against my better judgement, so I'm going to acutally go out and get some yarn as a reward to myself for the competition. And while I'm there, I'm going to look at the fiber trends pattern...just to have in my pocket!!! lol...I have SOME wool....but certainly not enough for the clogs!!! lol....

Thanks for letting me know that this moved to this forum. The camera's fixed...soo...we should be good to go and snap some pictures.

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote