Old 01-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
candy
Turning the Heel

cable cast on
I use the cable cast on when I knit and I was watching Amy's video and she turns the loop before she puts it on the left needle. Ok, so that is what I do so now I was just watching how to do a buttonhole and she used a cable cast on there but she did not turn the loop before she put it on the left needle. My question is, when I first cast on and do a cable cast on is it different than when you do a cable cast on in the middle of your work?
candy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

If you read the text that accompanies the video, it says "Note: you can also place the stitch on the needle purl-wise. The results are virtually identical." So either way is fine.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
candy
Turning the Heel

cable cast on
Great, I am terrible for reading the text, I just watch the video. Lesson learned. So that means I can twist the loop when I cast on in the middle of my work. I think I will do both the same that way I won't get mixed up. Thank you
candy is offline   Reply With Quote