Old 01-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
itsazoo
Ribbing the Cuff

Sock help heel problems with magic loop
Hi

I'm a fairly new knitter and I really want to knit my own socks. I finished a pair (knitting both socks st the same time on magic loop VERY brave for me!).

I know I'm going to have to do a bit of trial and error to get the exact fit I want but my real problem is the heels. One side on each sock has holes. I don't know what I did (but at least I was consistent). I'll admit I didn't really GET the "wrapping" part of the pattern when turning the heel.

When I read patterns for DPN it seems more straight-forward but I don't know how to convert that pattern to work with magic loop. I admit that DPN intimidate me which is why I tried the magic loop.

Any advice? Can I get a nice heel with magic loop? Does anyone have a formula to convert DPN pattern to magic loop?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!