Old 11-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #111
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by MN knitter View Post
I'm from Anoka. Are there any groups around the cities that get together and knit? I was just in Fargo this weekend and MIL noticed that the Michales there has a thing where you can pay 5 dollars and sit and knit in there store for an hour once a week. Do any of them in the metro have that? Has anyone ever gone? I am having some real trouble with this pattern and might need some hands on help.
I don't know anything about groups that you "pay" to sit and knit. But if you are having real trouble with a pattern try pm'ing any of us, we may be able to help. I don't really have any knitterly friends here in MN, and I am in school for my Master's degree, but I can always find time to email or a few hours to hang out and knit. Don't be shy!
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-26-2007, 02:30 AM   #112
kaidyddd
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm from Anoka. Are there any groups around the cities that get together and knit? I was just in Fargo this weekend and MIL noticed that the Michales there has a thing where you can pay 5 dollars and sit and knit in there store for an hour once a week. Do any of them in the metro have that? Has anyone ever gone? I am having some real trouble with this pattern and might need some hands on help.
If you don't mind the drive down to Minnetonka (Opus Complex off of 169 and Bren Rd). Yarnzilla offers a 911 knitting help clinic. I'm there a lot for classes and knitting help (like every weekend lately!). Nancy, the instructor is terrific. http://yarnzilla.com/ Check the website for information. It's best to email ahead of time and let them know that you will be coming down. Yarnzilla isn't open to the public for drop in shopping (With the current price of gas the online shopping is great--they offer a flat rate shipping charge), but is open for classes and help clinics.

Closer to Anoka you might want to check out Amazing Threads in Maple Grove. The instructors there are highly skilled and they do have both social knitting groups and knitting help clinics. I've taken classes there too! http://www.amazing-threads.com/classlist.htm

Another place would be All About Yarn in Coon Rapidshttp://allaboutyarn.biz/ I've been there a few times when I was cutting across the northern suburbs on 10/610. Staff was friendly and helpful.
I'm sure others in the area will have some ideas for you too.

Kaidy
kaidyddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #113
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to traceleighj
Hey There! I am from Champlin- so very close to you! I don't have any knitting friends either (other than my mother and that is mostly me fixing her mistakes ) If you want to get together, PM me, I am always up for some knitting. I don't seem to be too motivated on my own lately, so any help is appreciated .

I have been to Amazing Threads, and have had marginal experiences. Try the Yarn Cafe in Maple Grove- I have always been able to walk in and get some help. They have plenty of room to sit and where else can you get a glass of wine to sip while you knit.
Sheldon Cooper: It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper. Paper covers rock. Rock crushes lizard. Lizard poisons Spock. Spock smashes scissors. Scissors decapitates lizard. Lizard eats paper. Paper disproves Spock. Spock vaporizes rock. And as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
I'm traceleighj on Ravelry.
traceleighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #114
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

Cuz I'm too lazy to go back any pages...I was wondering if you all were thinking ahead to Knit Out 2008 at MOA President's Day weekend in Feb? Several Fargo Ravelers are already planning to road trip and do a LYS-crawl that weekend. My brother and sil and fam live near Hudson WI so I'm sure I'll be there for the weekend and meet up with the Fargo gals that weekend.
Just thought I'd put it out there if anyone cares!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #115
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to traceleighj
Binkykat-

I am hoping to go. It would fun to all meet up!
Sheldon Cooper: It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper. Paper covers rock. Rock crushes lizard. Lizard poisons Spock. Spock smashes scissors. Scissors decapitates lizard. Lizard eats paper. Paper disproves Spock. Spock vaporizes rock. And as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
I'm traceleighj on Ravelry.
traceleighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #116
Pennie
Ribbing the Cuff

I drug my boyfriend along last year and we got double the loots, I'm hoping to go again this year!

OTN:
Rogue Hoodie, and clapotis
Pennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #117
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

sounds like fun! If it's not too snowy messy to drive I'll be there!
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #118
Mayday
Ribbing the Cuff

I'll probably go. I didn't even know about it!

mayday

OTN: Monica tank for daughter
Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #119
wjwberg60
Ribbing the Cuff

February 18, 2008 is president’s day - I had to look it up.
Thanks for the information.
wjwberg60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #120
green knitter
Casting On

MN knitting wants group??
Hello!!
I just browsed and found that there are people in MN who knit and seem nice! I am new here, from San Diego so I am adjusting to life here in the cities. Don't dig the cold, that's for sure. I am new to knitting but love what I have learned so far. I live in Bloomington, if anyone is interested in getting together every so often I would love that. I'm 40 with a husband and three year old, so I don't get out much and as others know, three year olds are quick and love to disassemble things. He loves his scarf, I was amazed at how fun knitting is. I hope to spend much more time on this site, the videos are excellent.
Hopefully there are some that would like to meet at times?

So glad I found this!

Jenni
green knitter is offline   Reply With Quote