Old 10-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #141
sn0wwhite
Casting On

i know. it's too early. i prefer snow only from about Dec 15 until jan 5. just enough for the holidays, and then that's enough.
sn0wwhite is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #142
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to traceleighj
So, it did snow. I watched my neighbor mowing his lawn in the snow. Only in MN right?
Sheldon Cooper: It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper. Paper covers rock. Rock crushes lizard. Lizard poisons Spock. Spock smashes scissors. Scissors decapitates lizard. Lizard eats paper. Paper disproves Spock. Spock vaporizes rock. And as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
I'm traceleighj on Ravelry.
traceleighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:44 PM   #143
jessica555
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi
Any one else in Mower county? We haven't had any snow yet, still picking up leaves...I cheat with my lawn mower. The other day I got a little too close to one of our bushes, it is missing it's back side now. I am hoping my sweety doesn't see this until spring. Otn right now I have my second mitten. I was wondering is there second mittenitis like second sockitis? I can't seam to get my self to make finish.
Peace,
Jessica
jessica555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:36 PM   #144
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

I always knit socks for amputees...SSS real bad. If I did mittens, they would have to be for those individuals who only need one!
Good luck with the sweetie not seeing that! It wouldn't work for me. DH won't even let me touch his yard stuff. He is mad at me because I am making him come home early from hunting tomorrow to get the yard finished........
Sheldon Cooper: It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper. Paper covers rock. Rock crushes lizard. Lizard poisons Spock. Spock smashes scissors. Scissors decapitates lizard. Lizard eats paper. Paper disproves Spock. Spock vaporizes rock. And as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #145
jessica555
Ribbing the Cuff

The yard is mine...ALL MINE...I no share...unless it is grunt work too yucky for me to touch...and because I am not put off by cow or chicken flop it is mostly mine The gutters are all his...I can not bring myself to dig out that slop. I tried at my grandmothers house one summer and her neighbors 75 year old husband came over and saved me
I yard work
I thought because there are so many children in our neighborhood we would have a huge turn out of t-or-ters last night. We had 200 pieces of candy and as dusk set upon us I began to panic. I sent the man I love for MORE! He returned 600 more pieces. When he returns he tells me that there are children asking for canned foods & UNICEF...We RAID the pantry as for lose change we are out of luck. As the sunset and with out one single t-or-ter to come to my door I began to panic...WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH 800 PIECES OF CANDY!!! They were already at my neighbors, were we to new to the neighborhood to be trusted? My light was on my door OPEN...my little blue house is too cute to be the creepy house, isn't it? As I was about to shut the door they came one by one, in groups of five crowding my door so I couldn't open it up for them and at eight it ended. Today DB returns to the office with 200 piece of candy still in bags and we have a basket on the counter that holds 100 pieces....so as it turns out we had no need for extra candy...and I was b a d handing out more than two pieces (some mothers don't like that at ALL)...I may have had a few pieces myself I am wondering did you have a lot of little beggars at your door? Did you have many that seamed too old? How do you feel about kids at your door that have been driven in from other neighborhoods?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #146
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

We only had 20 kids at our door.....I think we had a good range of ages, and they were all from our 'hood. There was this cute little guy as a dinosaur......I think DH was upset he wasn't dressed up. He had his SCSU hockey jersey and the neighbor guy gave it royal crap. Go Gophers!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #147
jessica555
Ribbing the Cuff

My sweety is a
HUGE
Gophers fan! And would be pleased to hear you are as well.
I didn't count the kids, I wish I had. I think I want to take their pictures next year...is the weird?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #148
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

I don't know about that one. Ask first.... I heard there was a person passing out nips to the parents. Nice! DH found a beer bottle in our garbage can (he knew it wasn't ours- wrong brand) and was complaining. I just told him to be glad it wasn't just thrown in the yard!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #149
jessica555
Ribbing the Cuff

I never thought about the parents, sure would make it on most parents stops. I had so many candy wrapers in my yard the day after! I was annoyed, but I got over it.
Something I don't think I will get over too soon is our roof. Our house lived through a horrible hail storm eight years ago. The then owners instead of putting on a new roof did what ever they wanted with the money. The home inspector told us it needed one, so we had it in our buyers contract that the seller would get that done. This was in August and we were to close on September 15. That didn't happen because the seller hadn't gotten anybody out to look at the roof. When he did he said the contractor wanted to much money, then said the contractor said it didn't need a new roof and when we said no sale, he found someone else who would do it for less. It took a month for this guy to get around to our roof, we delayed moving in so that he wouldn't have to work around us...he came to do the roof a month after he told us he would be there (it now mid October we were supposed to move mid September). Okay so it is done, and they did a good job and they were fast and nice. So they backed their dumpster into and broke my window box, they did fix it. MY SKY LIGHT IS LEAKING! It
Old 11-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #150
jessica555
Ribbing the Cuff

I don't know why that posted, I wasn't done. Also strange is that it posted twice.
what I was going to say is that it didn't even rain all that hard, or much last night. But what is nice is that while I was posting this, the roofer called and said he would be over with in the hour to look at the sky light. I just hope the window doesn't need to be replaced. Okay almost done with the complaining, just two more things and they are quick.
Also in our purchase agreement was that all 2008 assessments would be paid by the seller. Two weeks ago the seller brings in a city assessment for the sidewalk repairs to Bill at work that is right around $2,000! Okay this one has already been taken care of, but we needed the retaliators, the city to prove when the repairs were done, and lawyers!
and the second one
Why don't plumbers show up when they say they will, or call if they can't? Two weeks now I have been waiting for my bathroom sink leak to be fixed. Okay I am done. I am sorry I was a debbiedowner. and thanks
Peace be with you,
Jessica