Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #31
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to traceleighj
Momwolf!!!!

OMG!!!! I was just talking to my sister when I checked and saw your message! That is too funny!

Yep, they were my dad's grandparents! What a small world!

I remember going up to Melrude and fishing and staying at the great house they had there.

Hope you have a nice weekend!
Tracie
traceleighj is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #32
Friskums

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are going to be moving back to MN in the next months time. We'll be staying in Carver for a few months with my family until we sell our condo down in FL and find our own place in the cities.

I'm looking forward to being closer to my family again, but I hate hate HATE the cold up there.

Anyway, if any one is near by, let me know! I'd love to knit with ya!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #33
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to traceleighj
Friskums-

Hello! Glad to hear that you are moving back to MN! Sorry, that you have to leave FL- that is one of my most favorite places to go!

I know what you mean about the cold, you would think that I would be used to it after spending my WHOLE life here. Luckily, the past few winters haven't been too bad.

I live in Champlin, so that is not too close to Carver, but we could always meet in the middle!

Tracie
traceleighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #34
Friskums

Well, I think visiting FL and living here are quite different (unless, ya know, you like living down here ). I really haven't enjoyed the almost 2 years I've been down here, so I'm not sorry to be leaving it behind.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #35
Friskums

I just found out that yarnzilla will be one of my LYS's!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #36
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

Friskums! I only live a couple hours from the Cities! I'd totally be up for a meetup on a Weekend day or something if you MN gals ever wanted to. Keep me posted if it ever happens!!!
Pre-emptive welcome back to the midwest...you'll get used to the cold. More knitting to use like mittens etc... it's a dry cold!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #37
Friskums

Well, my mom has fibromyalgia, and we're pretty sure I do too, so the cold actually causes/enhances physical pain.

But, it doesn't get cold in the cities like it does up at my mom's place (around Eveleth/Virginia/Hibbing). So, hopefully that'll help. Plus, I'll have a few months before it starts getting cold.

When I get settled in a little bit, I plan on stopping at Yarnzilla to sit and knit for a while. I'll let you know when I plan on that, and maybe we can make a weekend of it or something.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #38
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

You're right on the weather thing... I notice that the Cities seems to have it's own little weather pattern.

I haven't sought out Yarnzilla yet when I buzz through there so that would be fun to check out.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #39
Hygiene Mama
Knitting the Flap

Hi, I'm from MN....just outside of Duluth. I've been knitting for about 2 years, I've finally branched off from knitting dishcloths the last 1 1/2 years. I've knit hats and now my forte is purses. I have a new nephew coming into the family in August and will be starting his blanket as soon as the yarn gets here. Anyways, glad to meet all of you. I'm a full time college student, going into Dental Hygiene. I'm 29 y.o., married for 10 years and ahve 3 kids. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!

I Finally have a ravelry page:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SandyRDH
Hygiene Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #40
Hygiene Mama
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by traceleighj
Welcome momwolf!

I love your picture!

What town do you live in? I grew up going to my Great-Grandma's in Cotton and Melrude. I iwent to UMD too. I love it up there and can't wait to make a visit to Duluth this summer.

Been to any good LYS up there? I may have to try some of them too.
There's a halfway decent yarn shop in Cloquet and up the shore, towards Two harbors as well.

I Finally have a ravelry page:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SandyRDH
Hygiene Mama is offline   Reply With Quote